Chapter 8: Lucid Dreams and Forewarnings

Week 2 out of 26

________________________________________________________________________________

Charlotte's Point Of View

It was dark, the elevator felt still. Was it even moving? I was in my usual attire, mid-length black pencil skirt, and short sleeved blouse; only this time the blouse was crimson red. My hair had been held up in a tight bun, my satchel felt lightweight in my left hand. I had left my coat in my temporary office and after two minutes of begging the cab driver to wait, I had exactly 3 minutes and 27 seconds left over.

The elevator opened up. I swiftly move towards the corridor halls and walk into the Hart Corporations. Everyone had left - not one person in sight. I sigh inwardly as I fish out my key. I scan the room before stepping in, looking to see a black leather coat hanging halfway down the chair. I grab it and hastily head out of the room down the hallway back into the elevator.I press the down button repetitively, hoping for its doors open. It slides open, revealing Mr. Hart in the flesh. I inhale shakily and nod my head as a silent acknowledgment. I step inside, pressing the ground floor. I watch the doors slide close in silence. He has said a word to me, neither of the two of us attempts to make small talk. I looked up, focusing on the numbers counting downward; distracting my erratic heart racing. I felt his gaze on my back, daring not look back into his dark amber eyes. I bit my lip, anxiously waiting for the elevators to slide back open. I needed air, any solution to get out of this tiny space. It sure didn't help having him at the back of me.

The elevator notifies shortly that we have reached the ground floor. Just as the elevator doors were tilted open, a large hand pressed the close exit button, resulting the elevators to resume closing. I felt a large hand grip my wrist tightly, spinning me towards the large back wall mirror of the elevator. I gasped, unable to comprehend what was happening. My entire form was trapped by Mr. Hart, the only protection being the glass wall.

" No goodnight, Ms. Bolton?" He questioned softly, his hand traveled from my wrist to my mid-arm. Goosebumps had formed my entire arm from his caress.

"W-would I not have to leave first before saying goodnight?" My attempt to use sarcasm had become an utter failure, voiced out as a stutter. His face had set the dimmed elevator lighting. His usual brown eyes turned as dark as coal, eyelids half closed. His face was merely inches away from mine, I could feel his breath inches away from my face. He simply gazed at my face before moving down my level of height to bury his face into my neck.

" Your presence and leaving would never have made my good night, Charlotte." He stated before deeply inhaling my neck, forming goosebumps across my sensitive skin.I closed my eyes in ecstasy as I felt him slightly part his lips, just barely having brushed my neck trailing down towards my collarbone. My hands land on his dark blonde hair instinctively as he nibbles my most sensitive area of the neck. My breathing has increased erratically along with my heartbeat. I felt him smirk against my skin. He makes his kisses upwards once again before stopping at my right jawline. He hesitates slightly, taunting my current state and patience. My eyelids become half-lidded as his lips connect mine gently. His lips felt soft and delicate against mine.

" My cab driver is waiting, sir. " I pull myself away, creating distance between the two of us. I felt warm, a tingling sensation went throughout my spine towards my erratic heart racing at his stare. They held determination and control. It was a beautiful sight, yet terrifying at the same time. I had to leave.

"Forget the cab. stay with me."He growled lowly before settling his lips against mine, this time in a rough manner. His lips weren't soft any longer, but more demanding. I felt my entire body melt in surrender. All logical thoughts went out the window. I was trapped in an elevator with Mr. Hart, but I didn't leave any mind to it.