Chapter 9: Bittersweet Guilt

_____________________________________________

"So how was it?" Josie questioned, biting into her forkful her homemade shepherd's pie slice. It was our lunch break currently. Mr. Hart ordered Natalie to escort me out, just as stated. I was currently seething,  the conversation in the boardroom replayed over and over in my head. He kissed me in the car, pretended nothing happened then had the audacity to offer his entail on my choice in men as if HE was the saint. It was absolutely none of his business. Blake was being nothing but a gentleman, no doubt. On top of that, he threatened to destroy my career? Absolutely absurd.

"It was fine."

"The look on your face says otherwise." She muttered.

I turn to look past her to view a beautiful girl with dark brown hair settled to her waist, heading towards the direction of Mr. Hart's office.

"What are you looking at?" Josie tilted her head slightly to view the girl outside the office window. She looked back at me knowingly and smiled crookedly.

"Usually people don't barge into Mr. Hart's room but she's got a pass."

"Who is she?" Although I could probably take a guess who she is.

"It's his Fiance."

That made sense.

"Her name is Bianca Anderson. Her parents are coming owners multiple gas companies like Retworld and Irene. She's also Mr. Anderson's sister." Josie added.

So that explains the unsettled tension between Mr. Hart and Blake.

"Speaking of, what's going on between you and Mr. Anderson?"

"What about Mr. Anderson and I ?" I questioned, eyebrows creased.

"Not meaning to intrude, but it looked like there was something going on between you two."

I narrow my eyes slightly out of annoyance. She sounds exactly like Eva. That's the last thing I need in a friend right now.  Always intruding in unrelated subjects dealing with every man coming off as a potential love interest.

  "That's just from observation, of course,"  Josie added quickly, fixing her hair piece to stay behind her ear.

"So you're saying you know right away if two people are infatuated with each other with simple observation?"

"Sure, it's in the Cosmopolitan column in 5 signs a guy really likes you."

"What about for women?" I raise my eyebrows in curiousity.

"I'm pretty sure you and I both know that their gender biased."

We both began laughing simultaneously. It took me a while to realize that this is the first time I've ever genuinely laughed. I've never really been one to socialize with anyone due to extracurricular activities my mother pushed me through. Other times it was a lot easier shutting everyone out rather bringing them in.  I was feeling different emotions that I wasn't used to feeling, especially surrounding men. Certain men revolving around Mr. Hart.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Mr. Hart walking out hand in hand with the girl.  Bianca. So she's his fiance. I tiny pang began to stir in my stomach. It was an unknown feeling, one that I felt knew within me but choose to be buried in. It was anger and frustration, but also sadness and pain. Perhaps it was bittersweet. But one thing I knew for sure was that I will never let that man kiss me again. 

_____________________________________________

Henry's P.O.V.

Damn that girl.