Undefeated (chapter 11)

Chapter 11

//Jamie\\

I groan as I slump unto the crippled leather sofa.

"Why do girls have to be so difficult?"I complain to Linda.

She chuckles and sighs softly, "I guess you just need to give them...time." She said,taking a seat down across from me.

I sigh a long,depressed one."Okay."

I punch in Lily's number.After five rings,the voicemail comes on. "Hey,this is Lily.Voicemail costs a bit so this better be important."

Her sweet voice. Well,now you can't dream Jamie 'cause she hates you now. Linda calls for me down by the hallway.

"So what did she say?"She asked,wiping her hands on her apron.

"She didn't pick up."I replied.Seeing my sad expression,she gave me a reassuring squeeze on the arm.

"Talk to her at school,tomorrow."She smiled and walked off.

//Lily\\

I stepped out of the steamy shower,water trickled down my face like tears.I changed into my pyjamas and went downstairs to make dinner. My phone buzzed loudly on the kitchen bench. 1 missed call. I just had a hint of hope it was mom...

Jamie.

No way was I going to call him back. Maybe I will just ignore him for the rest of my life and things will go back the way it was supposed to be.

After I ate my lasagna with the television on. My phone buzzed again. I groaned as it appeared as an unknown number. I never wanted to call back unknown numbers but I sensed it was mom. I carefully tapped the 'ring' button and after ringing twice someone picked up. "Lily, please don't hang up, I just need to talk to you!" Jamie said worryingly. I sighed. "Sorry Jamie." And I hang up.

I dawdle down the aisle. I hear some giggling, then some whispering. "Oh, look at her, she looks like she came from the 50s'." and "She doesn't have any friends!" I just continued walking while blinking tears away. Okay Lily, just keep it together. I tell myself for the millionth time.