Undefeated (chapter 13)

Chapter 13

// Lily \\

I sit between two maples. I soak in the serene atmosphere as I listen to Demons by 'Imagine Dragons' at top volume. I mouth the lyrics as I bite my nails, something I do when I'm anxious. The birds chirp wildly and the bright sun kisses my pale skin.

After twenty or-so long minutes, I walk to my house. I search my knapsack for the key. It's normally perched on a hook or swimming in my junk at the bottom. But I can't feel any coldness of the metal.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

I sit at the bottom of my door. My head between my knees. I run myself though memories.

So first I locked the door. Plopped the keys into my bag. Walked to school. Then I remember. Someone was leaning into me from behind when I was getting blackmailed by Katie. It was probably one of her stupid paid minions. Paid to steal the only key I had. Good, job Katie, you won.

I'm not the kind who gives up that early so I get up, brush my self off and walk back to school.

// Jamie \\

I feel crap. Really, really crap.

So here's what really happened:

I was sitting in class, casually doodling over the covers of my math's book when a pair of heels come clicking my way. I put my hood over my head. "You can't always hide from such a gorgeous face like mine!" Katie chirps as she puts my hood down and purposely skims my hair. It brings a shiver down my spine. "Ha-ha." I said sarcastically, but she didn't take it that way. She giggled and then she leaned into me, her surprisingly strong hands gripping the back of my neck. "We should go out... we would be the 'it-couple' in the entire. School." She waited for me to agree. "Hell, to the, No." I said. Her face almost turned hard but she replaced it with a plastic smile. Then kissed me. I tried to push her off me but her arms were locked around my neck. Then I heard someone gasp. Katie turned around, then backed away quickly, brushed herself off and walked past her.

Lily.

I walk past through the door and down the aisle. The teacher stops me in my track. "Student transfer...Jamie Bower?" She asks glaring at me while fixing her scarf. "Jamie Campbell Bower, actually." I corrected her with the same ignorance. "And where do you think you're going?!" She said placing her arms on her hips. She wasn't much taller than me. "I'm just getting my Maths book." I said trying to hide any evidence. "Mr. Bower, you're holding your Maths book." I blushed. "Are you hiding something from me...?" She looked reallyreallyreally suspicious. "No..." I said. "Lies!" She yelled and pointed to the Principle's office. I groaned.

The Principle was signing papers while I sat in front of her. She didn't even notice. After a while she finally spoke. "Jamie Campbell Bower." I glanced at her. "Yes, Ms.?" I said. "What you did, was really rude. The teacher asked you something and-"

Then I saw her.

"Lily!Lily!" I yelled. She didn't hear me. She was speed-walking down the aisle. She looked furious... and lost.

I got up quickly, "Excuse,me Ms." I nodded and ran out of the room.

// Lily \\

I stride pass a few classrooms. Right, we have Maths first period. I walk,almost jog to room A6. Inside I see Katie whispering and passing notes to her friends and guys she consider as 'hot'. I hear someone's footsteps behind me. There's no time to get distracted, Lily. I tell myself sternly. "Lily!" I could recognise his voice anywhere. He keeps up with me. And when I don't stop he holds my arms and makes me turn to him. "Lily. I'm so sorry." He says. The desperation in his eyes makes me soften. I sigh. "Don't be." I say. He cocks an eyebrow. "Why?" He asks. I frown. "Because I've been treated like this most of my life. It's a daily routine. So don't be sorry." I say. He almost looks like he's going to break. " How can I help you?" He asks. I look at him straight in the eye. "You can't." I say. I'm prepared to run away. But his hold just gets stronger. "No, I can.Please." He says. Then his hands travel behind my neck and he's leaning in I'm leaning in everyone's leaning in. He feels warm and I feel warmer and I can feel his heartbeat pounding against mine.

I turn away. "You just kissed Katie today. You can't just go and kiss me afterwards." I feel stupidstupidstupid saying this. He cringes. "But I didn't kiss her, she forced me to kiss her." He drops his arms. I sigh. "Why do you even care?"I ask closing my eyes to let the tears go away. "Because you're smart, and beautiful, and kind. You don't deserve this." The earth is melting underneath me. I don't even know what to say. "Jamie." Is all I can stammer nervously. "Yes?" He says. I just breathe. Then I remember our deal. Katie's deal.

I really didn't want to do this, but I walk away.