Chapter 10

Marinette glanced to her right, looking at the empty seat beside Sabrina. Marinette sighed. She was worried about Chloe and although Chloe hated her guts and treated her like trash doesn't mean Marinette should treat her the same.

"Excuse me Miss Bustier" Marinette said standing up "Please may I visit the restroom". Miss Bustier nodded and Marinette dashed out.

" Chloe !"Marinette yelled as she looked left and right and walked down the staircase.

"Chloe!"

Then she heard a sinister snicker from behind her. She slowly turned around and gasped.

"C'Chloe?" Marinette stammered as Heart thief released a bitter laugh.

" Chloe's not here. I'm heart thief" She said as she stretched out her baton pointing it over to Marinette.

"What's that?" Marinette asked , taking a step back Heart thief laughed ,her menacing eyes seemed to grow darker and darker each second.

"Oh just a little baton which can do whatever I want and right now I want it to blast you " Heart theif said as the baton shone bright red. Thinking fast, Marinette jumped and front flipped, landing on the floor ,dodging the laser that shot out of the baton.

"Your front flips won't save you for long" Heart thief said shooting more lasers at her. Marinette dodged all of them.

"Chloe it doesn't have to be like this" Marinette said panting "you can always find someone else you like"

"But the thing is I don't like anybody else. I .ONLY.WANT.ADRIEN!!" Her baton had grown into two blades. She twisted it around flying over to Marinette.

She swiped it over to Marinette's leg and Marinette jumped. She began to run. She knew there was no way she could outrun Chloe but she had to try.

"I wonder what Adrien sees in you!" Heart thief said, her voice close by. Marinette ran into the cafeteria and over to the kitchen. She hid in one of the cupboards. She panted and tried to control her heartbeat but she couldn't. She was scared out of her mind . She had never had to deal with this as Marinette.

She opened her clutch and Tikki flew out, looking worried.

"Marinette you need to transform. Who knows what Chloe is going to do to you" Tikki said as Marinette rubbed the sweat that trickled down her face.

"I know Tikki but I can't right now" Marinette said as she heard the door swing open causing Tikki to fly back into her clutch . She panicked. Her palms became sweaty, her heart had increased its pace and her hands began to shake. She felt a packet of flour beside her and she picked it up.

"You can run but you can't hide" Heart thief said smiling as she blasted the door of the top cupboards.

Realizing Marinette wasn't there, she began to fly over to the cupboard Marinette was hiding in . She blasted it and bent down. She smirked as she saw Marinette who was holding the flour.

"What are you going to do with that?" Heart thief asked cocking an eyebrow

"This!" Marinette said and threw the packet over to her . It tore and blocked Heart thief's eyesight. Marinette crawled out of the cupboard and dashed out.

She ran towards the doors of her school,panting and sweating. She ran out of the school and towards the subway .

She stopped to catch her breath and fell to the ground out of exhaustion.

"Help" Marinette said to the pedestrians walking in the subway.

One pedestrian walked over to Marinette, looking concerned. Then she looked up,her face morphing into fear. She dashed off along with other pedestrians.