The Sisterly Talk

Chantal ran into her room, threw herself onto her bed, and screamed into a pillow.
"Well, someone happy. Or pissed off, I can't tell," said a voice from behind. Chantal immediately jerked up to look straight at the person. It was Emmie. "I'm happy; Jinxx kissed me." "What," Emmie said. "That's amazing."
Chantal said, raising an eyebrow. 

"So what's about you and Andy."
"Not much he bit me...again, so, there's that."
"Wow, you and Andy hate each other, huh."
Emmie frowning said "well, I wanna like him; it's just hard to" Chantal looked at Emmie wide-eyed.
"Sis, what are you trying to say." Emmie came to sit beside Chantal on the bed and then answered her question, "I..I don't know but..i..think.. I'm..falling in love..with Andy".

"What!!!" Chantal said firmly, "How could you possibly be falling in love with someone who treats your that way." "As I said, I don't know."
Emmie repeated, "and by the way, I came up here cause Jinxx told me to have broken your arm this morning, but he didn't explain how."
Chantal smiled. "I fell down the stairs."
as she carefully moved her bad arm to show Emmie.

"It looks fine to me," Emmie said, confused.
"What," Chantal said, looking down at her arm.
"Well, that's weird," she said. Her arm was back to the way it was before the fall.
"I swear it was swollen and broken a second ago," she said, surprised.  "Hey, maybe Jinxxs kiss is the one thing that healed your arm," Emmie said jokingly. "shut up," Chantal laughed, nudging Emmie in the shoulder.

"Hey sis, your birthday is in 4 days. I'm wondering if Jinxx even knows," Emmie said
"well, it's not like Mom and Dad remember my birthday" Chantal forced a smile.