Origin

Hatake Kakashi is the son of one of Konoha's greatest ninjas, Hatake Sakumo A.K.A The White Fang. Kakashi lost his mother at a young age and somehow blamed his father for this loss never truly forgiving him. Following in his fathers footsteps, Kakashi became known as a prodigy and one of the best in his generation. He scored top marks in his test and graduated within one year at the top of his class and is one of the youngest Chunin to dates, achieving this rank at the mere age of five. But soon things would change, his father returned from a mission in disgrace in the eyes of Konoha he had failed, during a battle he chosen to save the life's of his team rather the complete the mission set out for him. Sakumo was never the same after that and it showed in his skill, soon enough Kakashi's father found depression as his only friend and took his own life. After his fathers death, Kakashi became cold and distant, but was soon placed within a team ( Team Minato) to start the rest of his training. Obito Uchiha and Rin would be his team along with Minato Namikaze the soon to be The Fourth Hokage. As time went on it was noted that he shared a complicated relationship with his teammates which would later turn into a great bond much like that of Team 7 which he would later train.

                      Obito/Kakashi

Kakashi became a Jonin and was sent on a mission along with Obito and Rin, They where to destroy a bridge that was being used by enemy forces to enter Konoha and therefore help in the third great shinobi war effort. But disaster struck when Rin was taken by two Iwagakure Jonin. Obito wanted to rescue his teammate; But Kakashi said that the mission came first. Kakashi found himself in the same situation as his father had been in the past and did not want to make the mistakes that his father had. Obito disagreed and left Kakashi not before telling him that what his father did in the past made him a hero not a disgrace. Obito was confronted by Taiseki one of the Iwagakure ninja's and was soon over powered, just then a flash of silver filled the air and using his father's sword Kakashi entered the battle just in time to save Obito. As the battle raged on Taiseki managed to strike at Kakashi left eye, Kakashi had used his own body to block an attack meant for Obito. terror took over as he watched the blood escape his friends eye and wanting to fight back past the fear his Sharingan awakened , using it he killed Taiseki and helping Kakashi they headed for Rin.

It was here that Kakashi life would change forever, Obito and Kakashi fought against the last ninja and save Rin, As the battle progressed Obito and Kakashi worked as an unbeatable team and freed Rin, But the victory was short lived as the final Ninja caused a cave in, Obito dived in time to save Kakashi from a falling rock which landed on him instead. As Obito lay dying he gave Kakashi a final gift for becoming a Jonin, his left eye ( Sharigan). Rin, using her medical techniques, implanted the eye into Kakashi. He then used Chodori break free of the cave in and killed the Ninja who had caused Obito's death. Just then enemy reinforcements arrived and Kakashi fought to protect Rin, Telling her that he would not let her die as Obito loved her. Just as the battle was about to be won by the enemy Minato Namikaze and saved the two students and finished the mission with their help.

Kakashi soon became known within all the five great countries and picked up many different nick names along the way some even called him the ninja who has copied over a thousand jutsu. Kakashi soon joined the Anbu black ops and served as a captain and soon began training new members for Anbu such as, Tenzo and Yugao Uzuki. Leaving the team he soon became a teacher within Konoha training new teams but still had strong ties to Anbu, This is where we meet Kakashi for the first time as a few year later he meets his new team consisting of three young ninja's, Naruto Uzmaki, Sakura Haruno and one of the last serving members of the Uchiha clan Sasuke Uchiha. The young team soon reminded him of team ten and this is where Kakashi story in Naruto starts.