The Suspension of Albus Dumbledore

Violet's P.O.V.

The year was passing quickly. Several more students had been petrified, namely Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Nearly-Headless Nick (not a student, a ghost), and Hermione. Harry and Ron were devastated when they had found out about Hermione, as was I. Severus had had to comfort me. I was getting upset about all the petrifications. I was thinking about this at the end of Potions class while Severus was lining up the students at the door.

"Hurry up! I have to take you to Herboligy." He said. All the professors took the students to their classes now.

"Severus, I can take them." I said. "It shouldn't be a problem."

"Are you sure?" Severus asked. I knew he was worried about the monster that was lurking around.

"I'm not 5." I said. 

"Alright." Severus said. "Obey Violet!" 

Harry and Ron snuck to the front of the line. I suspected they had a request.

"Alright you two, what do you want?" I asked when we had started walking.

"Can you let us go see Hagrid?" Harry asked. 

"No." I said. "You can go later." 

"But now we have to be back to the common room by 6:00 every evening! That isn't nearly enough time!" Harry protested.

"I'm sorry, but I can't allow it." I said. 

"But, Violet, we're really close to discovering who's behind these attacks." Ron said. I became interested.

"Really? How so?" I asked. Harry and Ron looked at each other.

"Um, it's complicated." Harry mumbled.

"What did you do this time?" I asked.

"I found a diary that shows memorys and writes back to me." Harry said.

"Why didn't you turn it in?" I said. "Harry, do you know how dangerous that could be?" 

"I know, but it said that Hagrid let the monster out. I don't believe it, but I want to ask him if it's true." Harry said.

"I'll tell you what. Meet me in the enterance hall at 5:00 tonight and I'll go with you to Hagrid's." I said.

"You're awesome, you know that?" Harry said.

"Yeah, only when I do what you want." I said. I stopped walking since we had reached the greenhouses. "Oh, and Harry, bring your Invisibility Cloak."

"How did you-" Harry started but I cut across him.

"I heard you breathing on Christmas last year." I said and walked away.

I walked back to the dungeons and met Severus half way there.

"Shouldn't you be back there?" I asked.

"That was my last class today." Severus said. "You took awhile to come back so I thought..." Severus's voice trailed off.

"That the monster had gotten me too?" I finished for him. He nodded.

"I was worried." Severus said. 

"You shouldn't be." I said.

"Why did you take so long?" Severus asked. I bit my bottom lip.

"I was talking to Harry." I said. That was true. 

"About what?" Severus asked.

"The attacks." That was also true.

"Why?"