Invitation

This is going to be a shorter chapter, just so you guys know.

-----------------------------

Violet's P.O.V.

It had been about two months since the first task and the girls had been acting very strange around the boys. Whenever a girl and boy saw each other, the girl would giggle and wave. It was weird. Finally, after seeing this happen for a 500th time during Potions, I turned to Severus.

"What is going on with them?" I asked.

"I will tell you later." He said, not looking up. I thought I caught the smallest hint of a smile on his face.

"Ok, now you're acting weird." I said. Severus chuckled. "Just tell me!"

"Soon." Severus said. I groaned.

"Fine." I said. 

I waited until all of Severus's classes were done and then I walked up to him. 

"Can you tell me now?" I asked.

"No. You'll see soon, my love." Severus said. He kissed me on the forehead.

"It better be good if I have to wait this long." I said.

"Violet, trust me. You'll love it." Severus said. 

I spent the rest of the day reading in my office until I heard the door open. I saw Severus standing there.

"So, are you gonna tell me what's going on?" I asked, putting my book down. 

"Come with me." Severus said. 

Severus took me into his office and I saw that there was a large box sitting there. I turned to Severus.

"What is this?" I asked. 

"You'll see." He said, grinning. He wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled me.

"Aw, you're being affectionate with me." I said. 

"Yes, I am." Severus said. He kissed the back of my head. 

"So what's going on? Why is everyone acting so weird?" I asked.

"It's because of a ball." Severus said. "There's going to be a ball on Christmas night." 

"Oh, now I get why the girls are giggling around the boys." I said. 

"Yes." Severus nodded. He gestured to the box. "Open it."

I took the box in my hands and opened it. I gasped. Inside was the most gorgeous dress I had ever seen in my life. It was a deep blue and looked like it would touch the floor. 

"I got the size off your robes. I hope you don't mind." Severus said. 

"Severus, this must have cost a fortune!" I said. 

"Don't worry about that." Severus said. "About the ball. I was wondering if you would like to go with me?" 

"Severus Snape, are you asking me out on our very first date?" I asked. 

"It looks that way, yes." Severus said. 

"Of course I'll go with you." I said. "And the dress is gorgeous. How did you know that my favorite color is blue?"

"Do you remember when the schools first came and I was asking you all those questions so I wouldn't have to talk to Karkaroff?" Severus asked. I nodded. "Well, I asked you what your favorite color was. And you said deep blue."

"You remembered." I smiled.

I got up from where I had been sitting and kissed Severus. He kissed me back and when we pulled away, we were panting. Severus looked into my eyes.