Forever and Always (Epilouge)

We have arrived at the final chapter! Expect an emotional author's note at the end. This takes place 19 years later.

Edit (June 12, 2017): Congratulations if you got this far; here's a fucking cookie.

-------------------------------

Violet's P.O.V.

It had been nineteen years since the war. Harry had three children and he and Ginny were married. It made me feel old. Severus was 57 and I was 47. Amazingly, Tom was still alive. I had no idea how he had lived so long. I still loved Severus more than anything and I could tell he still felt the same about me. Harry's kids were coming to Hogwarts today. I woke up in Severus's arms, panting. I had had another nightmare. It had been happening a lot lately. Severus was stroking my hair.

"Shh. It's okay, darling, I'm here." Severus said.

"I'm really getting tired of this." I said.

"I know, Vi." Severus said. Tom licked my face, trying to comfort me. I pet his head.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Seven in the morning." Severus said.

"I should probably get ready." I sighed. "I'll take Tom out."

"You do that." Severus said.

I took Tom outside. He walked very slowly. I had a feeling that his life was drawing to an end. It made me sad to think about my precious dog dying, but, like Neville had said, people die every day. It's no different with animals. When Tom was finished, I raced him back inside. He could still beat me in a race if he wanted to. When I got back up to Severus's office, he was dressed and wearing the billowy cape of doom. I laughed.

"I see the billowy cape of doom is back in fashion." I said. Severus laughed.

"Alright, go get dressed." He said.

I put on what I usually wore to work. We still had a lot of hours to kill. I couldn't wait to see Harry's kids. I hadn't seen them since they were born. I looked up at Severus. His hair was still long and black, just like the night I had met him. We had come so far since then. I shook my head and took out a book from the shelf. I needed to find more books. Nothing seemed very good to me anymore.

"Sev, I'm bored." I said.

"Play with your dog." Severus said, not looking up from his paperwork.

"He's old. He can't do anything anymore." I said. Tom looked up at me as if he understood. "No offense."

"Do you want to go on a walk or something?" Severus asked.

"I want to play Kirby's Return to Dreamland." I said.

"Why didn't you play it before we came here this morning?" Severus said.

"Because you were whining about being player one." I said.

"I wasn't whining!" Severus protested. "I was...asking in a very specific way if I could be player one." I laughed and shook my head at my husband.

"I sometimes wish I never introduced you to Muggle items, such as the Wii." I said.

Severus laughed and kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. When we broke apart, I was smiling.

"I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: that will never get old." Severus said. I laughed.

"I only remember you saying it once." I said.

"Really? I thought I've said it more than that." Severus said.