You Hurt Me

You hurt me.
Everyday.
Mentally, physically and emotionally. You done it on purpose.
You would hit me and call me names and I listened to you.
I let you.
I let your cruel words linger in my mind, torturing me.
I let your words get to me so much that I turned to self harm as a way to cope. Little did I know that it would make it worse.
Our friendship was the worst experience I've ever been faced with, I am still recovering, even a year later.
I grew stronger from you, I convinced myself to stop hurting my beautiful body because you weren't worth it. You didn't deserve the title of my misery and unhappiness.
I didn't listen to you when you told me I was the death of you and that you wanted to kill yourself because of me, because I knew you were lying. You used reverse psychology convincing me I wasn't worthy of living anymore.
You almost won.
Almost.
I didn't let you.
I used the trauma you brought and learnt from it. I've been clean for over a year and I've moved on.
I am surrounded by the most beautiful people you could ever imaging. And you know what, you aren't a part of it.
I will tell you one thing, though, I will never fully recover from the pain and damage you brought, it's embedded in my mind.
I am reminded of our friendship every time someone moves too quick and I flinch, remembering you hitting me and the pain it brought. I've learnt to ignore it.

The way I ignore you.