Mystery Man

Mccree:

I put my hands on the table, leaning into the disheveled man in front of me. The only thing moving in this room was the smoke slowly rising from my cigar. man stared back at me intently, half grinning as if to tease me. His long, straggled hair covered parts of his face. The man looked like a wild animal, his eyes were tired from fight, but fierce with distaste for me. There's a reason why he's here, and that's why I'm here.

"Who are you, why are you here?" I asked sternly. Instead of a response he stayed silent and messed with the chains he was locked to by his wrists. "Who are you working for?" I pushed. Again silence.

This man continued to sit poised with his fingers intertwined. He was mocking me with his silence.

I growled lowly at him before leaning in near his face. "You understand If you don't communicate with us, you could be going to jail for a long time, partner." I had to find a way to push him to crack "I'm gonna ask one more time, Who. Are. You?" My words trailed off sharply from my tongue, leaving a stiff silence in the room as his face contorted from smug, to troubled. The man narrowed his eyes at me fiercely. His jaw was clenched tightly jutting out his temple and masseter as he grinded his teeth together. Finally, he sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"Hanzo..." he said his name slowly and spoke in a somber deep voice as his hands moved to the edge of the table before his cuffs caught his wrists.

That name, I recognize that name.

"Hanzo what?" I asked.

I was pretty sure I knew who he was at this point, but I needed to know for sure. I had heard that name before, I know him. Smoke slowly rose from my cigar as I stared him down.

"Hanzo Shimada." He said forcefully as if  he didn't want to speak his own.

I was right. I raised my brows and uncrossed my arms in surprise. We had taken down the Shimadas back in the Black Watch days, but I had never encountered him. However, this wasn't how I knew him. I knew this man, this mercenary, because his brother was my friend, his brother worked with us.

"So you're a Shimada..." I tapped the table a few times then grinned.

I knew exactly how to break this man down now.

"Your brother is my best pal y'know?" He eyes locked on me and widened slightly. The shock told me that he hadn't heard that name for a long time.

"What?" He looked shocked as I grinned back at him.

"Genji Shimada, right?" I toyed as I took a deep breath. He pulled on the cuffs upset at the sound of his brother's name. He looked sick.

Hanzo's face has turned pale, his eyes darting around the room in agony. I almost felt bad for him. He had to take control of his emotions again and he hung his head. Falling silent as he breathed deeply, but his large shoulders were shaking with each exhale.

"Is he...here?" Hanzo asked, looking around the room.

"Mighty right he is." I got up and leaned against the wall. "Probably watchin' as well."

He looked around desperately.

"Bet he'd be disappoint to what you became, huh?"

"My family is none of your business." He threatened, his eyes piercing through me like a blade as his tone rose like deep waves.

"I'll be right back." I shuffled out of the room and sure enough Genji was standing with his arms crossed. I could see even he was distressed, disappointed but he, too, was emotionally torn despite his robotic form. I shut the door slowly, leaving Hanzo to his thoughts.