Eight.

PREVIOUSLY.... 

                    ROBIN

I was driving to meet up with Dannie at the Bar. I had so much on my mind about Amber, I wanted to be with her on a serious level only if she wanted too. Of course, I didn't want to make her choose or pressure her or force her to get with me so I'm just gonna leave the situation wheres its at.

I got a call from Dannie. I pulled out my phone and answered it, "Yeah wassup man?" I said into the phone.

"Yo man, the Bar packed tonight wit' a buncha honey's, you taking one home tonight? Shit, I know I am." Dannie said, I laughed at her remark.

I thought about Amber. "Nah man, I'm just going for the drinks, Ian' tryna do allat this time. You own ya own." I said, making a right passing up my old job at the post office.

"That's unlike you nigga. Usually you be the main one smooth talking dese broads." She said following a laugh. I shook my head.

"Yeah I know right, Just not gon be on dat this ti-" Just then a Car rammed into the side of mine and my car started to flip, I felt a pain in my head right before my eyes came to a shut.

  <>

                                                         AMBER

I was speeding down the road trying to reach the hospital, I couldn't control my breathing. I really hoped Robin was okay, How did this even happen? Was it because of me?

Riley was talking my head off and I honestly should have just pulled off before she got inside my car, now was not the time and I wasn't in the mood to hear any voices right now.

"I mean, It probably wasn't that bad Am, who knows? She probably wasn't paying attention. Or....Maybe it was an Accident from the other driver. Do you think she was drunk or something?? I don't know her like that and all but-"

"Oh my fucking god Riley, Shut the fuck up. You've been talking ever since we got in the car, now is not the time, understand that please!" I spat causing her to go quiet. 

I instantly felt bad and just chose to not say anything until we got to the hospital. I walked inside the emergency room and rushed to ask the woman at the desk about Robin with Riley following slowly behind me.

"Um hi excuse me? I'm a friend of a patient that was just brought here...Robin White?" The lady begin typing on her computer.

"Yes ma'am, please have a seat and her Doctor, Doctor Garry will be out shortly with her results okay?" I nodded my head and sat in the waiting room. It was a girl that looked a little like Robin sitting across from me with her Mom. That may have been Robin's family.

20 minutes had passed and I was slowly getting worried hoping that Robin wasn't dead or anything. Riley had went on home because she had to get up for work and it was going on 12 in the morning.

A male doctor came out with a clipboard. "Family of.....Robin White?" I quickly walked over to him with a questioning look, Robin's Family followed. The little girl looked at me wondering who I was. The Doctor went through his paperwork before setting his eyes on us.

"Alright there are Good news and Bad news, which do you want to hear first?" He asked us. Robin's Mother answered before I got the chance. 

"Just go ahead with the bad news Doctor..." She said with a tear sliding down the right side of her cheek. I looked at the Doctor.

"Well Ms. White, Robin suffered some real bad head injuries during the flip of the car, She had a few scalp wounds and she fractured a part of her Skull. She may suffer from Memory Loss, A trauma that would come from the Bleeding of the wound inside her skull, But were not so sure yet until we check out her X-Ray results." He said.

 I felt my stomach drop and tears form. Robin's sister and mom broke down, stares from the waiting room began to come about. "The good news?" I asked.

"The good news is, She is Alive and you can come see her if you'd like but she is in a Coma. We have prescribed her antibiotics to prevent an infection developing. Follow me and I will lead you to her room." He said walking away. I wiped my face and followed him.

The walk to Robin's room felt so long. Once I got inside, she looked like she was fast asleep. She had a bad bruise at the top of her head and she had a splint wrapped around her left leg. I wanted to just break down but I wanted to be strong for her family.

Robin's mother ran to her side and caressed her braided hair. "My babygirl....no..not my babygirl" Her mother cried. Her sister turned towards me.

"Are you my sister's girlfriend? your pretty." She complimented. I gave her a small smile.

"Um no, im not. I'm just a friend. My name is Amber, whats your name?" I asked her.

"Joy." She said with a small smile.

"Joy honey, what did mommy tell you about talking to strangers." Robin's mom said looking at me. I looked at her.

"I'm sorry ma'am but I'm not a stranger, I'm actually close friends with Robin." I assured her.

"Close friend?" She asked folding her arms. I nodded my head. She was making me slightly uncomfortable. "Robin never told me about a Close friend. Name?" She asked me.

"Amber. My name is Amber." I told her. She nodded her head. 

"Nice to meet you....Amber." She smiled at me before turning back towards Robin. I walked over to the other side and looked at her. She looked just like her mom. Her mom had the same amount of hair on her head, they were almost like twins. 

Seeing Robin like this pained me. I just wanted to hug her and have conversation. It was almost 12:30 and I was getting tired. Doctor Garry let me know that only a Family member can spend the night. I promised Robin's mom that I'd be back in the morning and left the hospital.

It was raining outside so I hurried and ran to my car and got in. I sat in the parking lot for about 10 minutes before I pulled off. The image of Robin's car accident was in my head. 

I was driving when I suddenly realized that the type of the car that rammed inside of Robin's vehicle was a Black and White Dodge Charger. The same exact car that Jasmine has. I stepped on the breaks causing my car to come to a complete halt almost hitting a homeless man crossing the street.

I couldn't get that out of my mind. It all made sense now. Jasmine knew I was with Robin all day today and that I liked her. She must of felt Jealous..which most likely made her want to kill Robin out of Enviousness.

An angry expression crept upon my face. I'm coming after Jasmine's head. She had really fucked up now. She had life all messed up if she thinks she's got away with this.