Beautiful season: In a Relationship

New Season: In a Relationship

I was inspired by my several friends who have shared their love stories. Most of them were very encouraging, inspiring and awe-strucking. And all of those stories boils down to the greatness of the best love-story writer, Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:19 says

"We love because God first loved us."

This verse made me believe that God is not limited to give us a love-story that everyone will be amazed-of because God himself is love. But I also believe that God wants us to enter into a relationship that would bring honor to Him. It may take strong patience to wait for His perfect timing, but I tell you, it will be worth it!

I am not a love expert by the way, nor a girl who had been

to many relationships to made me say those words.

But one thing that I have, is my experience to love and be loved by God.

I just want to warn you, that throughout this blog, I will boast the goodness of God in my relationship right now with the man I met 8 years ago.

One friday night of 2007, when I first saw Jay-r. It was during a service at church. I must confess that I really can't remember how we met each other personally, but I will not forget the first time I saw him. He was holding his guitar in-front of his microphone, wearing a red t-shirt.

For several years of seeing him at church, all of our conversations became casual. And who would have thought that in February 21 of 2013, Jay-r and I will sat down together for coffee, not our plan, but I believe it is God's crazy plan.

It was around 6:30pm when I left Manila after being there for 4 months. By the way, thank you to my Victory Malate family for being with me for 4 months. You're the best!

It was around 8pm that same night, I arrived Lipa and my phone rang, someone who was not on my phonebook called me, he said, "Nasan ka na? Pinapasundo ka ni tita (my mom) sakin. Gabi na daw at madami ka dala."

...so it's Jay-r.

After that call, we met at a coffee shop while we had to wait for my mom and dad to pick me before going home. So we had no choice, but to talk to each other. Prior to that, we had casual conversations online and I noticed that our casual talks before turned to much deeper talk that night. He started to tell stories of his life, and I also shared some good stories of mine. Although that night ended very fast, I will not forget the fun of being with a man who talks more about God than himself.

From then on, we hang-out with other friends, we play cards at home, we jam and we eat (a lot). He also started to give me calls in random times. All just turned out natural. He became close to my parents, especially to my mom whom I think, really misses her brothers, Tito Mac and Tito Budz, now in Canada, who resembles to Jay-r.

Let me tell you a story...

"The story of the fall-off flower buds"

April 3 of 2013, the first time Jay-r gave me a bouquet of flowers to congratulate me. He gave that in-front of my parents during our dinner in one of the restaurants in Lipa City.

We had our breakfast the next day in our house, Jay-r and I were doing our devotions while we're drinking our glass of milk. As I was sitting in front of him, we noticed the buds of the bouquet that, for some reason, were falling off. Randomly we told each other that, "Ganyan ang mangyayari pag pinilit sa hindi tamang panahon", I smiled and grabbed a tissue paper, wrote down the bible verse in front of him. Song of Songs 8:4 "Do not awaken love, until it so desires", and kept it with the buds as a reminder for both of us. We are both happy ending our breakfast and devotions with the assurance that everything will be beautiful in God's perfect time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)