Chapter iii

A/N: I've been busy with exams but I think I'm good now, however I'm taking summer school to reach ahead and finish school early this summer so.. if posts are slow that's why.

~No ones POV~

Marinette walked down the street away from the bakery, she took in the sights and smells around her. It was a little cold but she was fine, she was looking around to the park when she saw a bunch of lights and equipment she checked her phone 4:36, she had some time so she took a detour around the park.

When she began to look around she saw a certain Adrien Agreste, she decided it was best to avoid him before her date. Marinette walked away from where Adrien was sitting but she was not so fortunate, "Hey! Marinette!" Adrien called, Marinette turned and blushed. "Um hi Adrien, w-what're you doing here?" Marinette asked. Adrien chuckled, he stood and walked over to her, "Not much, enjoying the park, the nature, pretty girls." He said the last one and booped her nose, Marinette blushed crimson. "Well I'm going to meet someone for dinner but um.. catch you later?" She said somewhat breathlessly. "Oh, is it a date or just dinner?" Adrien asked, some sadness painting his words. "It's a date but.. I think if it doesn't go well we'll just stay good friends." Marinette said looking down at her feet.

Adrien noticed how he had to fight back a smile at the thought that Marinette wouldn't like the date. He put a hand on her shoulder, "Well, just go and see how you feel, believe me I understand how awkward it might feel going on a date with a close friend." Adrien was telling the truth, his childhood friend, Lila, had a crush on him and asked him out. He only said yes to spare her feelings but things were awkward with them afterwards. Marinette looked up at him and a pink line was painted on her face from cheek to cheek, "Uh, I erm.. thanks Adrien." She fumbled and played with the hem of her shirt.

Marinette quickly peeked at her phone, "Eek! I have to go Adrien.. n-nice chat." She smiled widely and turned with a wave, she half walked half ran to the restaurant. When she finally got there it was 5 on the dot, she looked around not being able to see Nathaniel, she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned. "Bonjour Marinette." Nathaniel said with a smile, Marinette looked at him with wide eyes and her mouth hung open slightly. Nathaniel was wearing dress pants with a nice white button down top and a black dress coat with a fancy red pocket square. His hair was swept back and combed neatly, he looked.. well.. hot. Marinette blushed at her thought, "B-bonjour Nathaniel." She stuttered, Nathaniel smirked slightly and Marinette blushed again. "Shall we?" He asked holding out his arm, Marinette looped hers through it and smiled, "We shall." And with that they walked into the restaurant, Nathaniel told the hostess his last name and she walked them to a quiet area that had a 'reserved' paper on it.

Nathaniel pulled out a chair for Marinette, she sat in it and he pushed her in. "Why thank you." Marinette smiled as Nathaniel sat down, "Not a problem." He winked and looked at the menu, Marinette was feeling that this might not end up the way she thought it would. The two teens finished looking at their menus and the waitress came by, they placed their orders and handed the woman their menus. "So, what are you interested in doing later?" Nathaniel asked, Marinette shrugged "Aren't we still going to see a movie?" Nathaniel rubbed the back of his neck, "I actually couldn't find any good movies that we haven't already seen.. so I thought I would ask you something to do instead." Marinette just smiled and reached for his hand, "That's alright, we could always go to the Eiffel Tower." Marinette was now holding his hand, Nathaniel blushed and looked her in the eyes. "That sounds amazing." The two agreed on it and began to talk about their regular after school activities until the food arrived.

After a lovely dinner, Nathaniel covered the bill even after Marinette insisted she pay her own. The two walked out and Marinette bumped into someone falling, Nathaniel swooped down to catch her. "Marinette you really should watch where you walk." Nathaniel laughed out slightly, still holding Marinette in a dipped position." Am.. am I falling for Nathaniel? Marinette thought as she looked at the red headed boy with a small blush and a smile. "Yea, I need to be more careful." She laughed in unionization with him, Nathaniel pulled her up and they were now only inches apart able to feel the others breath tingle on their lips. "You're really cute when you're clumsy.." Nathaniel whispered out, this made Marinette blush more, she leaned in slightly closing her eyes as did Nathaniel.. she could feel her lips barely brush his when someone called for Marinette and she turned. It was Adrien.

Nathaniel glared daggers at Adrien, Adrien smiled at Marinette and poor Marinette was a blushing mess. "Hey Mari! I remembered that you said you were going to be here tonight and I don't want to be a bother at all.. but I sort of need help with homework.. and you're the only person I know.." he faked a sheepish smile, all the while Nathaniel was burning holes through Adrien with his eyes. Marinette turned to Nathaniel and pecked his cheek, "Rain check? He's new and I don't want to be rude." She smiled sheepishly, Nathaniel looked at her and nodded, "Sure, but don't leave without your gift.." He leaned in and tilted her chin up kissing her softly, Marinette was wide eyed and blushing like crazy. Nathaniel pulled away smirking at her, Marinette was speechless, she turned back to Adrien and took a step towards him, "O-okay w-w-we can g-go now.." she began to walk waiting for Adrien to trail behind. Adrien lingered a moment and glared at Nathaniel, Nathaniel only looked at him innocently "I just put in an offer, I think this property is taken." He smiled sweetly and swung his jacket over his shoulder walking home. Adrien turned and caught up to Marinette.

"So, I take it, it went well?" Adrien asked, Marinette puffed out a breath. "I guess so.. it seems from that 'present' he certainly thought it did.." She was slightly in shock she really didn't know what to say. "Hmm, well I need help with the math homework if you don't mind." Adrien said, a plan forming in his head. "I don't mind, my house is this way." Marinette smiled and walked to her house, when the two arrived her parents left a note; Marinette, we will be home tomorrow evening. Please keep the shop closed tomorrow and pack a lunch tonight. We love you sweetie, Maman et Papa. "Ok, it appears my parents are out of town for the night.." She said walking upstairs to her room, Adrien followed. "Would that mean I could stay over?" Marinette choked on her own spit and turned crimson. "Um.. a.. err.. I g-guess.." she managed to stutter out walking over to her desk and grabbing her math text book then sitting on her chaise. "So, let's go over what you don't know." Adrien walked over and sat with her scooting closer until he was behind her peering over her shoulder, she was blushing like crazy. "D-do you want to hold the book?" She asked holding it up for him. Adrien internally smirked and wrapped his arms around her waist then resting his head on her shoulder. "Is this ok?" He whispered in her ear, she shivered, "yea." Marinette and Adrien sat talking about variables and slope for a while before Marinette leaned into his chest, she blushed and tried to sit back up. "Oh my god, I am so so so sorry." She apologized but he just chuckled, "It's fine Marinette, I don't mind." He said and Marinette slowly leaned back into his chest, he made a content humming noise and Marinette giggled. "Ok, so angles." They went on and on for what seemed like hours before Adrien got a phone call, he answered it and told his fathers assistant that he was staying the night at a friends, studying.

Marinette yawned, "God, what time is it?" She asked looking at her phone, 12:07am "Oh no.." she groaned, Adrien looked at her and raised a brow. "You ok?" He asked walking over to her, she put her head in her hands. "I'm going to be so late tomorrow." She said into her hands, Adrien chuckled, "I'll wake you up, promise." He made a cross motion over his heart, Marinette looked up and laughed. "Okay, what now? We finished going over the study notes.." Adrien blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, a few ideas popping into his head. "Want to play truth or dare?" He asked, Marinette shrugged. "Sure, why not. Cmon we can play on my bed." She began to climb the ladder up and she plopped down on her bed legs crossed. Adrien followed her up and did the same. "Okay, Marinette truth or dare?"

And this seems like a good spot to stop for now. I am sorry for not updating until now if you are following this story, but I've been a bit preoccupied with other business. Thanks for reading and I would adore some comments and votes 😘❤️ Merci à la fois prochaine!