Obliviate (Drarry)

Harry Potter was in the middle of the Battle of Hogwarts when everything stopped. One second he saw flashes of curses flying everywhere and then there was nothing. He knew he was lying down and that is about all he knew, his memories where gone. But -what was that- he got a flash of a memory.

He saw silver eyes warm like liquid that made his heart rush. But why did he only remember those eyes? The otherwise perfectly cast spell surely didn't lead behind just a fractured memory of those silver eyes? Were the eyes so important to him before that they had made it through the memory loss? Of course Harry didn't know and he didn't have time to figure it out because at that moment his dim consciousness faded and everything went black.

Some period of time later Harry felt a strong pair of arms wrap around him and lift him off the cold ground. "Harry it will be okay just lay back down," the person said.

Harry obeyed but not before catching sight of silver eyes and saying, "I remember your eyes." With those words he returned to unconsciousness.

When he woke again he was in a too bright room. His eyes fluttered open to see several people around his bedside. The first he noticed was an older woman dressed in long robes, he guessed she was the one that was taking care of him. On one side of the bed was a tall, lanky boy with bright red hair and lots of freckles, beside the red headed boy was a short girl with wild bushy brown hair and wise, worried eyes. The pair looked battered and dirty. On the other side of the bed was a handsome boy with white blond hair and silver eyes, the silver eyes from his memory. Then he noticed that the boy also looked quite battered. Harry wished desperately he could remember what the cause was.

That's when he noticed the two boys were arguing. "Get out of here, Malfoy! You don't belong here. I still don't understand why you're here in the first place!" The red head yelled. Well that at least answered one questions, the blond was named Malfoy.

"Weasley, you weren't the one to notice him laying on the ground unconscious, unable to defend against anything! You weren't the one to carry him back to Pomfrey for safety and care! And you aren't the one he remembered!" Malfoy ranted back at the other boy, Weasley.

And with those outbursts, Harry opened his eyes fully to take a better glimpse of the scene. He tried to sit up but failed miserably. However his motion got the others' attention.

"Oh Harry! You're awake. I'm so glad you're okay!" The girl rushed as she embraced him tightly.

"Th-Thanks, but who are you?" He asked patting the girl gently on the arm.

"You don't remember me, us?" She asked pointing to herself and Weasley. Harry shook his head and she frowned. " Well I'm Hermione and this is Ron, we've been friends for years."

Harry then turned to the blond expectantly. They boy let out a small grin and said, "Draco, Draco Malfoy." Harry smiled brightly in return, he recognized the name. He then heard Ron grunt before storming off, Hermione only sighed before offering Harry a small goodbye before following after Ron.

The older woman checked on Harry thoroughly before leaving the two boys alone. Harry turned to Draco and pulled him to sit beside him on the bed. Draco was shocked as he got comfortable on top of the covers next to Harry, even though he knew Harry didn't remember their past he was still surprised at the way the boy was acting. But of course Draco would not complain at being able to start over with Harry.

Draco then turned to face Harry and said, "okay Harry, I know you don't remember the past between us but I need you to know it wasn't good. But I want to use this as a chance to start over." Harry nodded and agreed before laying his head on Draco's shoulder and falling to sleep.

A year later, Draco and Harry were an inseparable power couple. Draco was in the Healers program and making great strides in helping people recover from memory charms. Harry's memory was returning little by little with Draco's help and he could now gladly say that he remembered pieces and parts of his teenage life, including Ron and Hermione. And no matter how grudgingly, Ron accepted that Malfoy was good for Harry and they were able to be in each other's presence with minimal hostility. Harry was happy, despite all that had happened in the past and now matter how weird it was he wanted to find whoever cast that obliviate and shake their hand.