What They Never Had (Scorbus? Drarry?)

Albus lay comfortably on his bed in the Hufflepuff dormitory, studying his Potions homework viciously. His brain was scattered all over the place. If "the place" was Scorpius.

Scorpius was supposed to be coming to his room to study and hangout. In fact, he was supposed to have been here eight minutes and 39 seconds ago. Albus wondered idly for a brief moment if that was why his parents could never have worked... because both were preoccupied with their lives. His mother always gone for quidditch events, either to play or write for the paper. His dad was always exasperated from being an Auror, Al knew his dad hated his job, and going on muggle adventures with Draco Malfoy. Then he remembered the real reason they split and almost laughed.

Then with surprisingly heavy stomps for the scrawny boy, Scorpius ran into the room.

"Sorry, Al, I was talking to Neville," Scorpius apologized. Albus paid little mind, he knew that when Professor Longbottom and Scorp got to talking about plants and their applications, they could talk forever.

"No bother," Al replied nonchalantly, flipping onto his side to face the lanky blond.

"Whatcha working on?" Scorpius questioned, nodding towards Al's homework.

"Just Potions," the boy said with a shrug as he rolled back over to continue working, "it's actually fascinating."

"Tell me again why you aren't a Ravenclaw?"

"Merlin knows I couldn't put up with them, too stuffy," he retorted.

"Rose is in Ravenclaw."

"Scorp, you know as well as I that she is the worst of them all."

Scorpius laughed richly, "You're terrible. I mean you're not wrong though."

The pair laughed together for a little while and then Albus returned to his studies. Scorpius pulled out his Transfiguration book to read. They studied in silent but pleasant company for a few minutes and then Scorpius flopped over dramatically looking at Albus.

"You know my dad is in love with your dad, right?" Scorpius asked, surprising Albus.

"Yeah, of course," he responded as if it was obvious. Maybe because it was, "you know my dad loves your dad back right?"

"Obviously I know that, I've been trying to convince my dad to man up and ask out yours for years."

Albus doubled over with laughter, leaning heavily on Scorpius for support. Scorpius smiles brightly at the sound of Al's laugh, it was such a pleasant sound.

Scorpius looked at Al for a moment, pondering how they managed to become so close those four years ago. It was because Al was the only one who didn't hate him because of his lineage as that he was the only one who bothered to learn about the real Albus, he decided. And he loved their friendship. It meant the world to him.

Ceasing his laughter, Albus looked up at Scorp, his head still resting on the blonds shoulder.

And in that moment, Albus realized how lucky he was to have Scorpius. He never wanted anyone else to have Scorpius like he did.

"Let's set them up" Scorp said.

"Let's have what they never had," Albus spoke up, closing the already small distance between them and kissed him solidly on the mouth.