Chapter 1: Disbelief

It was days after Jay and Nya had gotten together again. Everyone was happy, except for Lloyd, who was sitting down on the edge of his bed in the Bounty. He missed his father more than ever.

He just suddenly did, for some odd reason. Tears began to fall from his face as he tried wiping them away, but they just kept on coming. He was devastated. He looked at an amulet his father gave to him when he was only a baby. Lloyd felt the smooth surface of the emerald, and remembered his father’s last words to him, which only made him increasingly more upset.

And remember that I’ll always be a part of you… Farewell, my son…

“Why, father...why did you have to leave?! I miss you so, so much…!” he choked out softly, clutching the precious stone close to him.

Lloyd could feel his chest start to tense up as he cried. He didn’t want to be alone again. Yea, he has his mom, but he wasn't exactly close to her, as a mother and son should have been. She had abandoned him when he was just a young child. The other ninja were too busy training to spend time with him as well. Although Lloyd was supposed to be the leader of the team, he was still a child on the inside. He took in a shuddering breath as he thought,
Maybe…maybe I should visit his grave again… It’s been awhile since the last time I went there…

Feeling a little bit better, he got up, walked to the deck and summoned his bright green dragon, taking off to the Corridor of Elders in the distance. He could feel the cool air brush past his face, causing him to feel a bit more calmer. After a while longer, he reached the canyon, touching down in front of his father’s statue.

He let his dragon dissipate into thin air, jumping off to kneel in front of the statue solemnly. Lloyd bowed his head in respect, making a small green fire from the sticks he carried in his bag to warm himself up.

Hearing something move towards his direction, Lloyd turned around, looking behind himself. He saw a person wearing a cape with the hood up, covering the top half of his face. On instinct, he went into battle position, thinking the person was going to attack him.

“Wait! Hang on a moment, we don't need to fight, my child…” The man spoke in a familiar voice. Suddenly, it hit him.

“D-Dad?! Is it really you?!” he cried out tearfully.

Pulling the hood off with both hands, Garmadon revealed his face, smiling at his son.
“Yes, but-” he started.
Without warning, Lloyd tackled him into a hug, squeezing his father tightly as tears streamed down his face.

“I…I'm just so happy! I can’t believe you’re here! I’ve missed you so much!” he sobbed into his father's arms, hugging even tighter.

Garmadon shook away the thought to continue his sentence, instead caressing his son’s blonde hair reassuring him that it would be alright. I need to tell him, or he- no, think positively, Garmy; he’s missed you! Garmadon yelled at himself through his thoughts. Just tell your son later, slave. A dark voice ran through his mind. Just enjoy your last moments with him before he just becomes another prisoner of mine. Or should I say- Shut up!! You stay out of this! Garmadon snapped at the other voice.

“Oh Lloyd, how I’ve missed you!” he cried softly. “I’m here… It’s gonna be okay…”

Garmadon attempted to stay focused on his son, instead of the other voice trapped inside his mind. Very well. But he'll soon reject us both as soon as he finds out about how you are here, living and what choice you made. The dark spirit chuckled, leaving a shudder down Garmadon's spine.

“Let's go home, Lloyd. Ok?” Garmadon kissed his son’s forehead. “I love you…” he whispered

“Y-yea. Let's go home!” Lloyd gleamed with tears still in his eyes. “I love you too, Dad…”

This turned out very nicely! Be sure to leave a vote and a comment if you liked this first chapter!