Chapter 10: Together Once More

Garmadon boarded the Bounty with the others, carrying Lloyd with him. He walked to his room, wanting time alone. He would be affected much more than the others. He placed his son’s limp, cold body on his bed, knelt beside it and began to sob. He didn’t say anything. It hurt so badly. He wished things could’ve been better, that Lloyd hadn’t sacrificed himself.

He sat upon the bed and held Lloyd close, remembering the moments they had shared together. He smiled softly. You were always so important to me, Lloyd… I will miss you… So much…

Moments passed, and a faint silhouette of the First Spinjitzu Master, Hikari, appeared. A faint golden light emanated from his hands, surrounding Lloyd, reviving him.

Garmadon felt movement and his heart nearly skipped a beat in happiness. He looked up to his father, who had now taken a human form. “Thank you, Father…”

“He’s now immortal, just like you.” Hikari nodded once, joining his son and grandson in their embrace.

“L-Lloyd…” Garmadon sobbed. “O-Ohhh…” I can't believe this! He's here!! He's actually here…!! “I’ve missed you so much!!”

“I’ve missed you too, Dad…” Lloyd beamed in overwhelming joy. “It’s over, isn’t it?”

“I-I think…” Garmadon wiped his eyes before squeezing his son. “Hopefully we can continue with our lives now without anymore harm done to you. It still pains me… I nearly lost you for good…but now I'm just glad you're still here. I still can’t believe it… I mean… It’s been so long, and I just...you have no idea...” He couldn’t control it and started to tear up again. He didn’t care. He and Lloyd were together now. “I love you so much…”

“Me too….” Lloyd choked on his words, clinging onto his dad. He never wanted to let go of him unlike what he had to do in the past. But now they were safe and so was Ninjago.

Garmadon’s POV:

I finally know my full potential, to protect my son and Ninjago as well. Hopefully, he hasn’t heard father. And Wu needs to know now, that's going to be fun to explain to him. I shall continue to hold Lloyd close to me. As a father should do. I am so relieved. He's ok, not harmed at all.

“Stay with me…” I cried. It was quite overwhelming, but nevertheless, I didn’t care one bit. He is here in my arms now, and our family is whole once again.

Lloyd rested his head into the crook of my neck, falling asleep instantly. I picked up my blonde son, laying him back onto the bed. He needs to rest, we both have had a long day. I sighed before resting next to my son, yawning once my head hit the pillow. I let more tears fall. I’d missed him dearly. Now, everything would be alright. The nightmares were gone now. I didn’t have to worry about the Overlord screwing up my sleeping habits. Nor my life now. I smiled contentedly. Memories of him and I after the Final Battle replayed in my head. I’ve truly missed those days. I ran a hand through his soft hair, comforting him as I fell asleep myself.

Leave a vote and a comment if you enjoy this amazing work by Zena!!