Chapter 6: Release

Lloyd tensed as the Overlord spoke, a dark smoke-like figure floating out from within his father’s body, Garmadon fainting to the ground. It didn’t seem too reassuring. As well, it didn't help that the Overlord's voice was deeper and raspier than any male Lloyd encountered. He rushed towards his father’s side, kneeling beside him.

“Hey! There's people here, ya know...” Lloyd muttered, wishing the Overlord didn't bring so much attention to them. He summoned a ball of energy, and the Overlord’s spirit vanished once more.
“Stay in his body, unless you want everyone to find out… though I wish you’d just leave already…” Lloyd squeezed his dad's hand, almost at the verge of crying.

“It almost worked….”
“Stop...please… I…” Lloyd wanted to cry so badly.

The other people at the amusement park watched as Lloyd remained silent. His throat tensed. It hurt so badly. Seconds passed, and his father’s body moved and sat up. Lloyd let out a sigh of relief, embracing Garmadon tight.

“Did something happen... “ Garmadon looked confused. He hugged Lloyd back.
“...the Overlord tried to…..escape your body…” Lloyd sobbed in a small voice as people started to whisper to each other.
“Go-” Garmadon bit his lip, controlling the foul words he was tempted to say. But he didn't want Lloyd to hear.
Lloyd sobbed on. “He brought s-so much attention to us…”

Garmadon shut his eyes for a moment, sighing as he grabbed his son, pulling him in his arms. “I know...relax…”
“I c-can’t…” Lloyd whimpered.
His father ran a hand through his hair, gently hushing. “It’s alright.… let's just go back home ok?”
Lloyd nodded. Garmadon stood up, making his way towards the exit of the park.

…..

They finally reached the Bounty, Garmadon carrying Lloyd. He was already fast asleep. Wanting to avoid any questions from any of the other ninjas, the father walked into Lloyd's room before gently placing the blonde on his bed. Garmadon smiled, placing a cover over him, before sitting down next to him.
He began to sing softly, his voice overcome with emotion.
“‘My memory,
I remember everything
All the things we did
When I close my eyes
I see every bit
You're far away
Somewhere where I can't reach
I didn't say: I love you
I didn't say: I need you
But believe me, I do
I never really imagined meeting you again
All I want is now to be with you until the end
Oh, I love you, and I confess it to you now
I wanna love you forever if it's not too late
Forever, forever with you
I love you...’” (My Memory, from Winter Sonata–It’s Korean but there’s this translated version that I love to pieces. -Zena)
Choking on a sob, Garmadon quietly got up and left the room without waking up his son. He shut his eyes for a moment, remembering when he and Lloyd reunited after the Final Battle.

“Dad?! DAD!” Lloyd was filled with an overwhelming sense of relief and joy. He sobbed into his father’s arms.
Garmadon beamed, stroking Lloyd's soft, blonde hair. “Oh, Lloyd, it's been so long… I've missed you very much... There, there…it’ll be alright… Stay close to me… You're safe, my child… Right here in my arms... I have you now… Just relax… Shhhhhhhh...”

And of course you forgot that I was left without a body, while you got off scotch free. You again. Oh, remember when I was kind enough to allow you to take control. I should have known better. I won’t let you take Lloyd away from me EVER again. Dotting father! Really, name calling? Oh yea, I forgot that you don't have any powers back. I'll get them back reaaaal soon. Watch out Ninjago!!

Be sure to leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed!^^