Chapter 5: Shifting Control

Lloyd held his father as he continued to calm down. “I was thinking we could go to Mega Monster Amusement Park with the others,” he murmured into Garmadon's chest.

“Sounds like a great idea!” Garmadon smiled as he let go to grasp Lloyd's hands. “I've always wanted to go with you, but I'll have to try to keep him under control...”

“Yea…” Lloyd giggled shyly, and the two of them got up to tell the others.

*time skip*

Garmadon practically forced Lloyd to let him carry him on his shoulders, but Lloyd actually enjoyed being taller for once. Wearing a frog hoodie, Lloyd was acting like he was like any other kid. He almost seems like a civilian, so innocent! Garmadon chuckled, feeling like nothing could go wrong. But as fate would have it, the Overlord wasn't enjoying being forced to watch Garmadon and his enemy having a “family bonding” time.

Even if you weren't banished to the Underworld, I'm assuming you would have raised that boy all by yourself… So? He's my world, and you are just a poor excuse of a villain like the others were, including me - You had potential - At what cost? Losing my only child and my brother? Even my ex-wife? Believe or not, I actually like some of the other ninjas as well, so shut it. Garmadon ordered the Overlord, who growled as he retreated away.

“Dad?” Lloyd loomed over Garmadon's face with his hands in his father's hair.

“Yes?” Garmadon smiled, still walking through the amusement park. 

“Could we…play a game? Like that one?” Lloyd pointed at a booth. The name of the game was a darts game, throw the darts at balloons to win a prize.

“Of course, do you want me to win you a toy?” Garmadon teased as he stopped a few feet away from the booth.

“Maybe the stuffed dragon…the purple one…” Lloyd blushed with embarrassment, only to hear his dad laugh.

“Alright, just let me put you down…” Garmadon spoke, gently setting his son down on the ground.

Garmadon took his son's hand and walked with him to the booth, with only a few people there: a mother with her daughter and a couple.

“Step right up, and try to win yourself a friend to take home!!” the vendor announced.

Paying a dollar for 5 darts, Garmadon picked up the first dart, and walked 5 feet away. He turned, then shot it right at the balloon.

“Lovely shot sir.”

“I'm only getting started.” Garmadon gleamed back at the vendor, picking up the next dart. Popping five balloons with the darts, Garmadon pointed at the dragon his son wanted.

“That one, please.”

“Those were very nice shots, have a nice day!”” the vendor said, taking the dragon and handing it to Garmadon.

“You too!” Garmadon looked down at his son, handing the dragon plushie to him as they walked away.

Lloyd immediately cuddled it. “Cute!!” he squealed.

“I'm guessing you named them already?” Garmadon patted his son's head.

“Yea...Nel… After my friend, Nelson.” Lloyd spoke, looking at the stuffed dragon.

“Nelson? Maybe you two should plan a day to hang out. Or invite him over so I could meet the little one, ok?”

“Yea, but maybe after...when he's gone or not in the way…” Lloyd’s voice became soft as he remembered about the Overlord’s spirit in his father.

“I know, Son...it’s sad...but I know you’re strong enough to take him down. I want him gone as much as you do, Lloyd. Come here.” Garmadon knelt down, gently embracing his son, picking him up.

“It’s gonna be okay…” he whispered, holding Lloyd close to him, trying not to cry. Garmadon sat down with his son on one of the benches nearby. He thought about the times when Lloyd was just an infant. He’d wished he had spent more time with his son before the evil overtook him.

“Dad…” Lloyd murmured “Are you okay?”

“Yeah…” Garmadon smiled weakly. He still couldn’t believe that the Overlord had changed Lloyd to the age he once was. “I’ve missed these days when you were just so much younger.”

“I’m kinda hungry.”

“Oh okay. What do you want to eat?” Garmadon looked at his son.

“Hmmm, Dip’n’dots?” Lloyd gleamed.

“Okay, sure.”

The two of them got up from the bench and went to one of the food stands. The Dip’n’dots stand didn't have much customers like the game Garmadon just won.

“Dad, I want that one!” Lloyd said, pointing to the rainbow sherbet flavored one.

“Alright. Can we have a rainbow sherbet Dip’n’dots please?” Garmadon asked the vendor, giving him the money.”

“Sure. Hang on a sec.” He scooped some out and handed it to Garmadon.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” He turned to his son.

“Here, Lloyd.”

“Thanks Dad!” Lloyd took the small bowl from his dad and hugged him. “I love you…”

“I love you too, Son…more than anything...”

As the two were walking around again, Garmadon started coughing a bit. He tried to make it unnoticeable but it only got worse. Lloyd did stop eating his dessert before looking at his dad. 

“Are you ok-”
“No, he wants control again. Being real stubborn.” Garmadon interrupted Lloyd's question.

“....he can come out, I'll keep an eye on him. Remember, I'm the green ninja.”
“You sure? I can-” Garmadon started coughing again.

“It's fine. But I won't hesitate to harm him with my element.” Lloyd gleamed, with a dark smile. It soon faded. “W-What if I hurt you…?”

“I’ve lived with the ninjas for a long time, I can handle the Overlord better than I handle Zane on rage mode.”

“Come here…” Garmadon pulled his son in for a hug. “It’ll be okay.”

“That's what you think, child….”

Sorry for the wait, I kinda have been lazy and  Zena was always ready to work on the story.
That and it's kinda hard to write with some small writer's block ;-; but I'll try!!!
Til next chapter!!
Leave a vote and comment if you will! And share with others if you can!