Epilogue: Life Goes On

10 Years Later...

Garmadon gazed out on the Bounty as it was hovering over New Ninjago City. Lloyd was now 22. He stood next to his father, recalling the adventures he had with his friends so long ago.

"Dad..." His voice had deepened quite a bit.

"Yes, Lloyd? What's going on? Are you alright?" Garmadon came closer, pulling his son into a tight embrace.

"Thank you... Thank you for being there for me for so long..." Lloyd shut his eyes for a moment, relaxed by his father gently running a hand through his hair. He enjoyed that feeling very much.

"Of course, Son," Garmadon replied as he held Lloyd against him. "You have, and will always be so important to me. I love you very, very much."

"I love you too, Dad..." Lloyd buried his face into his father's chest, on the verge of crying. Even now, as a young adult, he was still a very sensitive person.

"Let it out," Garmadon reassured, sitting down and leaning against the Bounty's railing. "There's nothing wrong with crying, Son. Come here...everything's alright..."

"I-I've missed y-you..." Lloyd choked out. Without warning, he began to sob into his father's arms.

Garmadon held Lloyd closer, nodding in reply. "Yes indeed... I'm truly glad you are still here... It has been too long... Much too long..." He shut his eyes, cherishing this moment that they were having together. When he had been evil, he never realized that this would be the eventual outcome. "Oh, Lloyd..." he whispered. He let out a shuddering breath in relief. He didn't want to let go. He remembered his reunion with Lloyd just a decade ago. It was such a touching moment. "After all this time...we're finally together... I can't believe it... I just can't... It's so surreal... Never did I think this would be the outcome. Never had I realized you would one day purify me. I should really be thanking you. You saved my life... I'm so very proud of you."

Lloyd beamed; his father was unable to see his face, but nevertheless, he was very happy. His joyful feelings soon disappeared upon replying, "I don't want to lose you..."

"Of course I wouldn't leave you, Lloyd," Garmadon replied through tears, smiling gratefully. "You're my only son. It may have taken years for peace to finally return, but...I wouldn't have had it any other way."

Leave a vote and a comment if you enjoy this amazing work by Zena!!