Chapter 3: Revelations

It soon began to grow dark. Lloyd invited his father to sleep with him, which he accepted. The two of them walked to Lloyd's room, sitting down on the bed. Garmadon got up to lock the door and sat down again.

“There's...something I have to tell you about... I've...been possessed.”

“What?!”

“Shhh!” Garmadon covered Lloyd's mouth with his hand. “Not so loud, they might hear you. Do you want the story, or not?”
Lloyd nodded his head. 

“Ok… I was in the Cursed Realm, dying. As I was about to close my eyes for the last time, I heard …his voice…and he taunted me.” Garmadon looked at his hands, messing around with his own fingers.

“He asked me if I wanted to see you again. It just ticked me off, but I continued to listen to his words. He offered a deal that…” Lloyd hugged his father, trying to comfort him.

“If I allowed him to take over my body, I could see you again...I agreed, but it was a selfish mistake. Allowing him to come to Ninjago…”

“Who?” Lloyd whispered urgently.
Garmadon let out a sad sigh. “The Overlord.”

“WH-”
“Shhhh! You said you wouldn't yell!” Garmadon whispered somewhat loudly as he slapped his hand over his son's mouth again, and pulled Lloyd into his lap.

“But listen, ok? He allowed for you only to know this, besides me of course. Because he wants to see if you can stop him again without anyone knowing…” Garmadon softened his grip on Lloyd.

“However, if you do tell…he is going to let you live, but kill everyone else here...and maybe even me... So, please be smart about your moves or plans of attack, understood?”

The green ninja nodded, blinking back tears, a little overwhelmed. “I’m scared…” he cried softly.

His father held him close again. “Don't worry, I would never allow him to harm you. But until the day you manage to defeat him again, I apologize if I become a pain for you, my son.” Garmadon let out a sigh. “You know, Lloyd, I did this because...because I love you. You literally mean the world to me, and I really don’t want to lose you a second time.”

“Me too…” Lloyd whimpered.

“Come here…” Garmadon gently caressed his son’s hair while embracing him. I should tell him about Misako as well…

“Son…Misako’s with Wu now… She wanted me to let you know this as soon as possible, and I...”
Lloyd let out a wail of distress, sobbing into his father’s arms.

“Ohhh…” Garmadon cooed softly, continually stroking his son’s hair to console him. “I’m here now, Lloyd…it’s gonna be okay...it’s gonna be okay...”

“Your father is here, boy…” The Overlord voice spoke from Garmadon's mouth as he squeezed tighter. Lloyd immediately started thrashing around trying to escape the Overlord's grip, however he was stuck.

“Just so you know, the only reason I am giving these chances is because my power fully restored. So you have, but be wise, child….”
Lloyd stayed silent, tears still streaming down his face. He hated the idea that the Overlord took over his father’s body. This is the SECOND time it’s happened!! Lloyd screamed in his head. You will PAY for doing this to my dad!! He clearly doesn't deserve to suffer like this!!

“I want an answer from you boy, whenever I speak to you, understood?” The Overlord pulled the back of Lloyd's head, pulling his blonde hair.
“I heard you…..you demon…” Lloyd gritted through his teeth.
OVERLORD, LEAVE MY SON ALONE!! Garmadon shouted in his thoughts, his face filled with agony and rage. He’d had enough of this nonsense. He wouldn't let the Overlord hurt Lloyd.
And that was final.

Leave a comment and a vote if you enjoy!! (^-^)