Chapter 8: A Sacrifice

Lloyd glared at the Overlord knowing very well what he had to do. He shut his eyes, using the greatest amount of power that he had. Lloyd's life flashed before his eyes.

He remembered when he was hung on a flagpole, the day when he first met the ninja.

He remembered the day when he was betrayed by the Hypnobrai, Fangpyre, and Pythor, the last surviving member of the Anacondrai tribe.

He remembered being captured by the Serpentine as he tried to see what they were up to.

He remembered the fateful day when he was revealed as the destined Green Ninja, the Elemental Master of energy, power, and life itself.

He remembered how upset and proud his father was upon realizing they would have to fight one another in the near future.

He remembered when his father finally got revenge on the newly-awakened Great Devourer for turning him evil.

He remembered finally unlocking his Spinjitzu powers.

He remembered being struck by Tomorrow's Tea, causing him to rapidly age.

He remembered the enormous surge of power from the Temple of Light.

He remembered his hesitation to strike down Garmadon for good because he didn't have the audacity to harm his own father.

He remembered confronting his father and the release of the Overlord.

He remembered his father regaining control of the Overlord's body and reaching out to him.

He remembered being knocked unconscious by the Overlord and his immense powers.

He remembered finally making it to the top of the Garmatron Tower and facing the Overlord's dragon form.

He remembered finally unlocking his golden powers and using them to temporarily destroy the Overlord.

He remembered finally reuniting with his newly-purified father, one of the happiest moments in his entire life.

He remembered the moments he spent with his father before his banishment.

And he remembered the moment when he thought his father was lost forever.

Using his powers, he created a huge blast of an energy beam, firing it at the Overlord. "NINJA-GO!!!"

The Overlord had been pushed back for the time being, and a bright light alerted Lloyd's father of his presence. Garmadon had arrived, only to see Lloyd's weakened body trembling on the ground. He rushed to his son's side, holding him close, his eyes flooding with tears. His voice trembled in anguish and devastation. It hurt more than anything. They had just been reunited, but their time together wasn't very long after that.

"L-Lloyd, please no...no... This can't be real...this can't be happening... I've lost you once...I can't lose you again... Don't leave...DON'T LEAVE!!"

"No...I-It's too late... Goodbye, Father... I love you..." Lloyd cried softly, using the energy he had left.

"S-So do I..."

Lloyd's body fell limp in his father's arms.

"N-No..."

Leave a vote and a comment if you enjoy this amazing work by Zena!!