Chapter 11

"So what is the deal with you and that Jason guy?" Sara asked me the next morning as she searched her suitcase for something to wear for the day.

"No deal, really," I said before yawning and debating if I should crawl out of bed.

"Potential?" she said as she pulled on some sweats and tied them at her waist. 

"Maybe," I replied sitting up and yawning again.

"Would you stop that?" she said starting her own yawn. "That shit is contagious."

"Sorry, sorry," I said shaking my head and climbing out of bed and stretching. 

She continued with her conversation. "Long term or short term potential?"

"I don't know. I haven't given it much thought," I said sifting through my bag,

"Well you totally looked like a couple last night," she replied.

"Really?" I asked thinking that if she was right, Matt had to know that I wasn't dwelling on him.

"Hell yeah, you two were out there whispering and dancing and I thought for sure you were going to get lucky and I'd have the room to myself."

"So you could lure Brian back," I joked "Sorry to disappoint."

Sara looked wistful at Brian's name. Much to Michelle's disappointment, he had paid way more attention to Sara than either woman expected. They had done their fair share of whispering and dancing themselves. "I didn't want the wrath of Thing 2 to come down on me. I wasn't in the mood for a girl on girl smack down."

I chuckled to myself. "Brian would love that entirely too much."

"Yeah he would," Sara said with a smirk. "So did you at least get another goodnight kiss?"

"Nah, just a kiss on the cheek when we got back to the house."

"Bor-ing," Sara frowned. 

I shrugged "I think we're just taking it slow. That's how it works right? You don't just jump into bed with someone...that leads to zero potential." I thought about Matt for a second but then moved on. "And if it ends badly, it may mess everything up between me and the guys. And I don't want that. We've all been friends forever."

She considered my point and then noddes in understanding. For a second, I was tempted to tell her about Matt. I trust her but I knew it would make things awkward. And we didn't need that.

After dressing, we moved downstairs where most of our friends are already sitting. 

"You're awake!" Abi cried looking way too perfect with her make up free complexion and pink shorts and t-shirt. "I'm so glad. I was just telling everyone that it's perfect beach weather."

"Or golf weather," Zacky said "Anybody want to play golf?"

Matt looked up from his plate. "Yeah, Tal...think you could score us a tee time?"

"I think we can fit that into the agenda," Tal said happily as poured himself some juice.

Valary turned to glare "I thought we were going to go to the beach?"

"We'll go to the beach with you," I offered giving Matt a panicked look but he wasn't paying attention to me. Brian gave me a slashing motion across his neck from his place at the table, luckily out of the couple's line of sight.

Gena noticed Brian and looked confused but nodded in agreement as she chewed a piece of watermelon daintily.

Matt "Val, its not that big of a deal. It's just a few..."