Rin Knows

Mizuki had dozed off in her bed towards morning before the boys woke up to get ready for school; meanwhile in the boys' room, Rin woke up strangely early then saw the note from Mizuki he forgot on his desk. He read it then walked to her room, walking right in without knocking and seeing she's asleep.
He walks over and shakes her gently, "Hey, I want to talk to you," he says.
She shifts a little and murmurs softly, "Nyeh...careful of the tail...." she stays fast asleep, smiling lightly as she softly snores and her tail escapes.
"Wait, why do you have a tail!?" he raises his voice a little, waking up both Yukio and Mizuki.
Mizuki notices the freaked out demon and panics, shooting up from her bed to kiss Rin so he wouldn't say anything else.
Rin's muscles tighten from the shock as he's kissed, causing him to go stiff; Rin's face flushed several shades of red then settled on a bright cherry.
Mizuki finally pulls away and realizes what she's done, "I-I'm so sorry! I just didn't want you to yell again so my body acted on its own," she says, "Just don't freak out anymore, okay? I'll tell you tonight but right now you need to go get ready for school," she pushes him out of her room, "And don't tell Yukio."
Rin was in a daze as he walked back to his room then started getting ready.
"Rin," Yukio sat up, "You're up early, do something happen?"
Rin snapped out of his daze and looked at his brother, "Um, no, I just went to see Mizuki and I'm really confused now, I thought I saw something but now I'm not so sure if what I saw was even real," Rin says and throws on his jacket then grabs his sword, "I'm gonna leave early and maybe clear my head as I walk."
Yukio watches in confusion as his brother walks out of the room, "I wonder what he thought he saw," he says to himself and gets ready, soon following Rin after grabbing their lunches out of the freezer.

-After cram school-
Rin walked right to Mizuki's room when he got back to the dorm, much later than usual because he had to stay after and clean the erasers, and threw open the door.
"You've got a lot of explaining to do!" he says.
Mizuki was just pulling off her socks on as she sat on her bed, her tail hidden in her shorts.
"Explaining? What do you mean?" she asks.
"Why do you have a tail?" Rin asks.
"I have no clue what you're talking about, you must have dreamed it, you did fall asleep in class," Mizuki says, acting like that morning never happened.
"I did not dream it, I walked into your room this morning and saw your tail, I shouted and you kissed me to shut me up!" Rin says.
Mizuki sighs on stands up, "I was hoping you'd forget but I guess today's not my day, fine, yes I have a tail, I have fangs and pointed ears too because I'm half demon. Happy?" she crosses her arms.
"Why do you want to be an exorcist if you're a demon?" Rin inquires.
"The same reason you do, to kill Satan and make him pay for what he did, the only false thing about my life story the other night is I never received a temptaint from a hobgoblin at birth. Rin, you have to promise me that you'll keep this a secret from everyone else, even Yukio. No one can know," she says.
"Fine, I'll keep your secret, but why did you kiss me instead of putting your hand over my mouth?" Rin asks.
"You'd still scream through my hand, the kiss is more effective because of the shock value, and I really like you. Now get out of my room and knock next time," she pushes him out and closes the door behind him.