Ice Cream Run

"Geez, it's too hot to think," Rin says, fanning himself.
"I'll agree it's hot but you're just complaining because you don't want to work," Yukio replies.
There's a knock at the door and Yukio calls for the person to come in, Mizuki walking in, her hair up, her glasses on, but her headphones hiding her pointed ears. She was wearing a crop top and short shorts and this made Rin's face heat up even more than it already had. Mizuki's tail was threaded through her belt loops several times, looking like a belt as she couldn't tuck her tail into her shorts.
"Hey, either of you want any ice cream or something? I'm going to the store," she says.
"I'd like a spring water," Yukio says.
"You got it," she replies then hugs the bespectacled twin before looking at Rin, "What do you want?"
Rin snaps out of it, "An ice cream is fine with me," he says, rubbing the back of his head.
"Alright," Mizuki leans down and pecks Rin's cheek, "I'll be back soon," she walks out of the room, leaving a stunned pair of boys.
"What happened during sword training?" Yukio asks.
"Nothing happened, I'm as confused as you are!" Rin says defensively.
Yukio squints his eyes at Rin who gulps nervously.
"Dude, I swear, nothing happened between us when we were training," the demon twin says. "Though she did confess to liking me the other day."
Yukio blinks, "You sure she confessed to liking you?" he asks.
"Well who else do you know that's named Rin?! Of course I'm sure, Mole-Face!" Rin shouts

Time Skip
Mizuki comes home and knocks on the twins' door, walking in when allowed access. She smiled and walked up behind Yukio, touching the cold water bottle to his neck and making him jump.
"Oh, thank you, Mizuki," Yukio says then takes the spring water, "but maybe don't scare me like that next time."
"Got it, sorry but I wanted to see you jump," she says then reaches into her bag, "I ate my ice cream on the way here," she hands Rin a sea salt ice cream.
"Thanks," he grins then opens the ice cream and takes a bite.
Mizuki takes a seat on Rin's bed then pulls a soda out of her bag of them, setting the bag on the floor.
"Whoa, why'd you get so many?" Yukio asks.
"The vending machine overheated and malfunctioned, gave me one of each so I just brought them home," she says and opens her soda, taking a gulp. She lets out a breath of relief and smiles, "That hit the spot!"