Section Six

After guiding the taxi driver, Mayu finally told him to stop.

"Suzume, how do you know this is where they are?"

"Shinohara... I'm just trusting my gut."

"Oh, I gotcha! Well, I believe in you. Let's go!"

"Yeah!"

Mayu took out some money and handed it to the driver. She and Shinohara took off at lightning speed.

This time, Mayu didn't get tired. She was too energized to even notice the pain she was in. She wasn't an athlete, after all.

But finding them trumped over any and all pain.

"Wow, Suzume...! You're pretty fast! And it's amazing since you're so tiny!"

"...Hehe... Keep going, Shinohara!"

"Okay!"

The two girls didn't stop running. They were putting everything they had into it.

Eventually, they noticed a bright light. There were people, too.

"Maybe these people know where they are, Suzume!"

"Mhm, yeah! Let's go find out!"

They slowed down a little as they approached a trailer.

Mayu walked over to it, and knocked on the door.

No answer.

"Is anyone around here?"

"...Yeah. Who are you, miss?"

Mayu turned around to see a strange man looking at her. He was pretty tall and well-built. He had messy black hair, too.

And he was holding a knife.

"Um... Mayu... Suzumoto..."

The man smiled insanely and had a laugh to match.

"Hehehehehe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So YOU'RE the Mayu we keep hearing about? Wait, don't tell me. You're searching for your friend... Sakutaro Morishige, no?"

"H-huh? How do you know that?!"

The man walked closer to her and grabbed a hold of her wrists. He took the knife and drew it closer to her face.

"Because I found him sneaking around. And knocked him out cold. And now... He's ours. Mine, to be more specific."

"...Who are you?!"

"...Ah... Pardon my manners. I am Yuuya Kizami. The pleasure is mine, Suzumoto."

"...Kizami... Where is Shig?"

"Telling you would ruin the fun, wouldn't it? If you want... You can join him and your other friend... Ayumi Shinozaki, correct?"

"...You... Jerkface..."

"Oh, is that any way for a young girl such as yourself to talk?"

"...AH!"

Mayu reacted immediately. She swung her arms in a rapid, circular motion, hitting Kizami in the jaw. He was taken aback, and she had escaped his grip.

Before he could catch her again, she took off and busted down the trailer door.

"Shig, I'm coming!"

She turned around and made sure the door was locked, and began her search.