The Nightmare

I smiled seeing my friends here with me i knew I wouldn't be here alone but before I could speak I saw each and every one of them turn to dust. 

"No." I said running towards the piles of ash and placed my hands in it. "What's happening?" i asked as I felt tears sting my eyes. I slammed my fists into the ground and screamed. 

"They weren't real." I heard the all to familiar voice say. I slowly turned to see none other than the Doll. The. Fucking. Doll.

"What are you talking about?" I asked slowly rising to my feet my knees weak. 

"Remnant. Well at least that version isn't real." She said in her calm monotone voice. 

"Wh-what?" I asked reality seemed to shift around me. 

"The Remnant you went to was just a projection. The people were real but the interactions weren't." She said and walked around me as she did her dress seemed to change into a normal hunters garb. 

"SO.... It wasn't real? I'm no... protector?" I asked looking at my hands. 

"No. That wasn't real. Hell this world isn't real." She said to which I stopped watching her and stood still. 

"What...?" I asked I felt my hands shake and body tremble. 

"Why do you think the last beast was called a nightmare." She asked standing still. 

I looked at my feet then back to her. "But how did I see those people. All of them... I remeber them.." 

"Well the human mind cannot make up a face and so sometimes you would wake up and see everything in your hospital room including the television. Which would constantly play the news." 

I picked up my saw cleaver flicked it open running at the doll then placed the blade to her neck. "Your lying." I stated which caused her to smile. 

"Oh? well you only have one thing you must do." She stated keeping still. 

"And what's that?" I asked raising a brow growling in annoyance. The moment those words left my mouth I was flung backwards my feet digging into the dust. I watched as she pulled a sword from behind her back and pointed it towards me. 

"You have to kill me." She said and charged towards me. She slashed down and I had to react fast spinning the blade and using the teeth to catch her sword. 

"So I kill you... And I go back to the real world?" I asked kicking her in the stomach sending her backwards. 

"Yes indeed." She said charging back at me and stabbed which cratched my sides. 

"But I've been here since I was 10." I said and pushing back and slashing down which she dodged with ease.

"No, You've been in a coma for the past 10 years and Gherman would have sent you back, But I would't let you." She said and slashed left. 

"You killed him..." I said then felt rage build in me as I punched left knocking her off balance. 

"He never existed in the first place." She said and landing one solid round house kick to the side of my head. 

I fell of balance growling at her. "You're the reason I've been here all my life.... You made my life a living hell!" I yelled and stabbed forward cutting her side which caused her eyes to widen. 

"Impossible." She whispered which I caught on easily. I moved the blade quickly left slicing her stomach lightly. 

"I'm leaving." I growled launching my fist forward my fist hitting her in the gut launching her back.