4

"I haven't talked to you, Marcus," she said sitting down next to me. She smells like something flowery, maybe beachy?

"No, you haven't," I said looking forward not wanting to really see her face up close.

"Well, here I am," I could clearly listen the smile on her face. I turned to face her with a smug look on my face, I hoped, and she kept smiling "What are you majoring in?" she seemed excited to get to know me.

"Pre-med," I shrugged and looked back to whatever seemed interesting in the wall in front of me. My back was killing me because I had been sitting on the floor against some brick wall. "..or whatever equivalent they have here."

"You want to be a doctor," she seemed proud. As if she knew me. I turned to look at her again and I couldn't help it I smiled a little. I guess she took that as a yes because then she asked "What kind?"

"Don't know yet," I said in a clipped tone.

"Did you always want to be a doctor?" she was still sitting next to me with her legs crossed and as cheerful as the sun is at noon.

"Why do you care?" I finally asked irritated. I WAS irritated. This girl wanted to know about me, she was interested in my thoughts. Usually girls were interested in the size of my cock.

"Well, I like getting to know people," she reached out for my beer and took a sip of it, placed it back in my hand and went on "I've talked to everyone in here but you," she dragged herself until she is sited right next to me with her back against the damn brick wall.

"I don't think you've talked to Brice," I said looking at him and her friend dry humping against another brick wall. That looked painful.

"I have actually," she smiled at me "He is majoring in pharmaceutical studies, impressive, he is from Florida and he loves to party,"

"Wow. How did you get him to talk to you? he's quite busy with your friend," I wanted to laugh.

"Reese?" she chuckled "she's not my friend," she shook her head and reached out for my beer once again. I was intrigued by this girl. "I met her tonight. Actually," she placed the beer back in my hand and smiled at me "I met everyone in here tonight," Her smile makes me want to smile at her. Not in general, at her.

"What do you mean?" I frowned

"Yes, I knew no one the moment I stepped into that party and now I know at least 10 new people," she shrugged. Who. The. Fuck. Was. She?

"You like that?" I was confused. "why would you go out alone to a party expecting to meet new people? People can be mean," I was worried about this girl. One day she could get in trouble by meeting the wrong kind of people. I did that kind of shit because all I cared was to find fuckable girls. She could run into someone like me because she was that kind of girl. No, scratch that, she wasn't that kind of girl. You couldn't just fuck her and leave, she was the kind of girl I wouldn't come near because fucking and leaving would be impossible to do.

"Why wouldn't I? I met all of you, didn't I?" that smile. That smile was worth all my time and sanity. It was scary.

"I could be a serial rapist..." I took a sip of beer and shrugged.

"No, you are a serial dater," I choked on the beer and couldn't help but laugh.

"No, honey," honey, like her hair. I gave her the panty dropping smile "I don't date. I fuck and have fun," I shook my head taking another sip of my beer. She shrugged.

"the same thing. Girls know you are only looking for one thing," I looked into her blue eyes "sex,of course," she said with that smile, almost childish and naïve, but something told me that that girl was everything but naïve.

"of course," I nodded. At least she knew that she had to stay away from me "where did you learn that?" I was curious how a first year student already knew about me.

"Some of the girls were talking about it. Apparently your reputation precedes you," I laughed and nodded. That sounded about right.

"What are you majoring in, Hannah?" I needed to hear that precious 4 syllable word: UN-DE-CI-DED. That always told me so much about a person. Lost path, looking for fun, easy to handle.

"Film studies," FUCK! She had to major in something interesting.

"Do you like movies?" Stupid question expecting a stupid answer.

"I like the stories," she was looking at me like I was the most interesting human being in the face of the earth. It was annoying. I was trying hard not to look at her directly in the eye.

"Well, you could've studied literature," I said sounding un-interested.

"Yeah, I could've. However, the stories in movement, looking at the actors expressing the feelings that someone wrote down on paper is fascinating. Movies are entertaining but the stories in them are what really make you understand so much about yourself and the world and human race." Well, fuck again. She was passionate about it. "Do you like movies, Marcus?"

"Of course, who doesn't?"

"Right? I met a girl the other day somewhere in the library that said that she didn't like movies," her eyes were wide with horror. I laughed. She reached out for my beer again.

"I could have herpes, you know?" I said as she took it to her mouth and gave a giant sip.

"Do you?" she gave it back.

"No, but I could," She shrugged and smiled.

"We are going to be friends," she seemed to have decided that in that moment.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows surprised. I didn't have female friends. I didn't have friends besides Brice. Period.

"Yep," she stood up and looked at me still sitting on the floor "we are kindred spirits," she winked at me. "Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Would you walk me?" What kind of man would say no to that.

"Sure," I shrugged and stood up. I waved good bye to Brice that seemed to be very into making out and less into fucking that night.

"Where's your room?" I asked as we went through the door in the roof and went down the stairs.

"Building next door," she said as she passed her arm around mine. We walked in silence all the way to her building and then we stopped in front of the door. I was pretty conflicted because I was pretty sure that she was about to make a move and I had to decide right that second if I was going to move forward and go up to her room or I was going to walk away from her. Going up could be dangerous or quite effective in my mission of getting her out of my mind forever but walking away guaranteed that. It was quite a difficult decision to take.

"See you around, Marcus," she said waving and going in. WHAT? She left me in there looking and feeling like a complete idiot. What? no trying to seduce me, no intention of kissing me. She really just wanted me to walk her. That was a novelty. I shook my head and walked away from there.

I needed to get Hannah out of my head before she became a permanent fixture on my thoughts. The wind blew and I smelled her flowery/beachy smell on my shirt. I needed to get her smell off of me. I reached for my phone and dialed the only number I had in it. Mandy. She might not be the perfect choice for my regulars but she was enough and I needed her to wash away Hannah's perfect memory.