6

"Hannah," I heard someone saying her name and looked up to find an asshole devouring her with his eyes. I know that it might seem that I was jealous, but I wasn't; I knew my kind, he was hunting her and this dude, unlike me, hadn't realized that Hannah was not the girl for him. He would fall for her and then had a horrible, horrible end.

"Joe!" she jumped from her seat and hugged him. I didn't get a hug, why would he?

"Marcus, this is Joe, Joe this is Marcus," she introduced us and I just nodded in his direction. "Joe is a first year as well," she smiled

"What's your major?" I asked

"Undecided; I'll see where the winds take me," I had to gather everything I had in me to avoid rolling my eyes.

"Marcus is fourth year pre-med," Hannah shared and Joe just smiled.

"I'm done for the day," I knew where he was going "want to get some coffee with me,"

"Shoot! I'd love to Joe but I have class in 15 minutes," she put her hand in his shoulder "But I'm sure we'll get around to it," the asshole smiled, said goodbye and left. I made my life goal, besides becoming a doctor, to protect her from guys like Joe; from guys like me.

"He's no good for you," I said getting up to throw away the left overs on my tray.

"He's not?" she asked confused as she followed me with her own tray.

"Nope," I turned to look at her and she had a frown on.

"So you are now going to decide who I become friends with?" I knew she was being sarcastic. It was the first time that I detected a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

"No, Hannah," I put my hand on her shoulder and it burned; I knew I had to get over that. "I am just letting you know that Joe is not a guy you have dates with," I shrugged and went down the stairs and towards the science building.

"I don't want to date him," said Hannah running after me because, even though she had amazing legs, her legs couldn't keep up with mine "We will be study buddies,"

"Are you naïve, Hannah?" I stopped and looked at her. I had to lower my head a bit because she was a tad shorter than me. Those combat boots the night we met made her seem taller.

"I'm not Marcus. I know he wants to fuck me and I've already let him know I am not interested. Still, he offered to tutor me on my Biology course and I said yes," Oh, Joe, playing dirty.

"I'll tutor you," I said as I kept walking.

"You?" she ran again and stopped in front of me forcing me to stop "You don't want to fuck me?" she raised her eyebrows and I had to smile. She had that kind of power over me.

"I do, Hannah," I said serious "but I won't. That's the difference between me and Joe," I shrugged.

"You can tutor me then? I suck at anything that has to do with science but it's a requirement," she said balancing on her heels.

"I'm a TA for first year Bio,"

"Really?" she grinned and I nodded "which one?"

"BIO 1103 Monday and Thursday 10 am"

"That's mine! I didn't see you on Monday," she seemed so excited and, surprisingly enough, so was I.

"I seat all the way in the back,"

"I'll make sure to look for you tomorrow,"

"So do you want me to tutor you or not?" I was hoping for her to say yes. Hoping was actually the wrong word, more like dying.

"Of course! You are my friend, Marcus," she hugged me and I really, really wanted to avoid physical contact but I couldn't help it and put my arm around her.

"Good, then. I got to go to class but I'll see you tomorrow ok?" I said as she had her arms around me still. She was so short her head was right in my chest in the exact and perfect position for me to kiss the top of her head but I refused. We were friends, this was going to work or so I told myself.