8

"Look who I just found..." I heard Bryce's from the front of the apartment. We both lived in some off campus dorms where 3rd and 4th years were allowed to stay. It was cheap and I was allowed to extend my stay in case I wanted to go to Med school, which was my goal.

"I'm going out despite how many girls you brought here," I said as I looked myself in the mirror giving some final touches to my dark hair. It was Friday, I was determined to go out and get me some digits and, if it was possible, laid. I had to laugh a little at that last thought; of course it was possible for me to get laid, what I wanted was to find the perfect girl to fuck tonight without having to spend the night and all the crap that I despised.

"It's just one, Marcus, you should come and meet her," I groaned and rolled my eyes. Bryce made a horrible habit of fishing for girls that could be a perfect match for my list. He never got it right.

"Bryce, I'm leaving in 5 minutes..." I said entering the living room and finding in my couch the most perfect vision: Hannah smiling and waving. "Hannah," I said and I felt a smile forming on my lips.

"She was wandering around in the library, on a Friday night, I couldn't have that," said Bryce handing her a beer

"Of course not," I said smiling but not taking my eyes away from her.

"I was looking for someone, anyone, that could invite me to a party," she smiled, shrugged and took a sip from the beer. I knew right then that I was almost successful on blocking her charm because the way she looked in that moment should've made my dick react and there was no reaction. That gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, Hannah and I could be friends.

"You know I go out every weekend," I tell her taking the beer from her hand and giving a sip.

"But I wanted to meet someone new," she whined.

"What for, Hannah? You could meet some asshole..."

"Like you?" she interrupted me

"Exactly like me..." I nodded. I was serious when I said that I was going to live to protect her from assholes like me.

"No, you should come with us and get to know me better," said Bryce sitting next to her I wanted to rip his head off.

"Bryce, I'm going to be honest," said Hannah turning to look at him. I laughed. "I really, really like you and I think you are extremely hot," what? "But Marcus said that if I wanted to be his friend I couldn't fuck you. I'm sorry I agreed to those terms," she actually seemed honest.

"Why would you do that, Marcus?" Bryce looked at me like I was crazy.

"I can't have my best friend and my only girl friend fucking, sorry," I shrugged and Bryce went to the kitchen mumbling something.

I turned to look at Hannah with raised eyebrows " what?" she smiled and I just stared "I wasn't going to tell him I don't find him attractive besides it's funnier this way," she took a sip from the beer. I laughed reach for the beer and took another sip.

"anyway, you coming or what?" I said standing up and offering my hand to help her up.

"Ok, let's go" she smiled and I was trying to climb down from the cloud her smile sent me to. At least I was trying to climb down. Usually I would stay there for a little while.

A mistake. That's what it was asking her to come with me. We are at a party at some frat house where half the male and female population is drunk and instead of looking for some girls to recruit I am in one corner eyeing every single guy that approaches Hannah. I was sure someone could have made a mother fucking Soon meme out of me tonight. I was in a horrible mood and the beer tasted like piss. I hated frat parties; everything about them. I never said that out loud because that went against everything that I was but it was real, I hated frat guys, frat girls, frat parties and frat houses.

"Worst beer ever?" I heard Bryce said as he took a sip of his red cup

"fuck! worst beer ever..." I nodded as I took a sip. It was beer, we weren't about to let it go to waste.

"Have you found something, someone, interesting," he asked eyeing the crowd before us. There were a couple of girls grinding against each other trying to get my attention from a little while now. I just couldn't focus long enough to approach them.

"Yeah, I might have," I smiled at the girls and they both smiled back happy to be receiving something after working so hard at it.

"I'm going out back to see if I can get something special," said Bryce and left. I nodded and as hard as I tried to look back to the girls grinding against each other my attention went back to Hannah. How could I not be completely focused on her? She was wearing a mini skirt with some kind of flower pattern and a short shirt with The Beatles written on it. She looked perfectly effortless.

She was talking to a guy that didn't seem to have great intentions. We, amongst assholes, could smell our bullshit from miles away; I could see his kind of bullshit already. Hannah didn't seem interested, she was nodding, drinking from a bottle of water that I personally gave her, but not completely interested. Suddenly the asshole of the moment reaches for her ass and I see red, crimson red all over the place and as I get ready to break this guy's jaw I see Hannah's hand connecting with his face.

"Bitch," he said while taking his hand to his face.

"Why?" Hannah uses an innocent tone but I know better "because I didn't let you touch me?" she laughed, SHE LAUGHED and turned around immediately looking for me. When she sees me she makes a bee line towards me.

I was with my back against the wall, my feet crossed at the ankles and smiling at her. I was proud.

"Asshole," she said taking the beer out of my hand.

"it tastes like piss" I said.

"you were watching," she said looking at me. I nodded.

"you didn't protect me like you said you would," she took another sip from the beer " it does taste like piss"

"I was about to beat the shit out of him until I saw you taking care of that," I smiled down at her. "I'm proud of you,"

"thanks, I guess," she shrugged "Marcus, take me for a real beer," that's all she had to say.

"Your wishes are my commands," I said as I let her lead the way . I took a last look at the girls on the dance floor. I winked, smiled, panties were dropped and a phone number was given  in my hand before I followed Hannah to wherever she wanted.