Chapter 1- Loki

Stark Industries was throwing a party tonight to celebrate a new product or something? I don't know, Tony had told me earlier but I wasn't paying too much attention to what he had to say, my mind was elsewhere. Since it was thrown at the tower, everyone had to attend. Steve and Bruce were hanging out by the bar, Clint and Natasha were talking to Pepper and Rhodey, and Tony and I were basically the center of attention since it was our party. The hate towards me had slowly died down this past year with Tony and I being married now. Everyone had figured that since I was on good terms with the Avengers that I should be a good person. This I was very thankful for.

Tony wrapped his arm around my waist. I froze as his hand brushed my stomach before settling on my thigh. Slowly, I relaxed into the touch, my mind racing with all kinds of worry. See, he didn't know about what I found out earlier today. I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched everyone around us have a good time. That moment seemed perfect, but I should know that not every perfect thing lasts forever.

A tall, skinny, and definitely drunk blonde approached the two of us and practically threw herself at Tony. Even though I was standing next to him and the wedding band was on his finger, Tony threw himself back. I know that he did that to keep up his playboy reputation but the way he looked back at her. . . It was as if this wasn't a complete act. That deep down, some part of him yearned to be free of tie between us. But I decided not to yell at my husband in front of the girl as not to embarrass her. So I waited until she left to slap Tony across the chest.

"What was that for?!" He complained, rubbing where I had hit him. I rolled my eyes at how childish he could act at times.

"For hitting on her!" I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"C'mon babe, it's just an act." He assured me. "You know that."

"Is it just some act? Or do you really wish for it to be your life again?" I whispered. Tony cupped his hand under my chin and started to bring me into a kiss but I pulled away at the last second. He frowned, stroking my hair.

"Loki, c'mon. Everyone just expects me to be the billionare playboy that I was before I met you." He said softly. "You know I love you and only you."

"Do I?" I asked, my tone harsher than I wanted. "Do I know that, Tony?"

"I swear it doesn't mean anything!" Tony argued. By now, everyone was paying attention to what we had to say.

"The way you look at them says otherwise." I muttered. "The way your eyes practically light up in enjoyment. Tony, you practically throw yourself at them as much as they do you!" He crossed his arms over his chest and squared up his stance.

"Is this really how I 'throw' myself at them? Seriously Loki, I thought you of all people would be better than that. You were a prince." Tony ranted, his voice rising in anger. I balled my fists.

"I am a prince!" I yelled. He took a step back. "No, this isn't about how you act around these dolts. It's about the fact that you've been spending more time in the lab and at the company than at home with me! Then when we do have time together it's during some stupid party for the company where you're too busy flirting with women than with your own husband! Tell me Tony, when was the last time we slept together?" I asked, forgetting what happened about six weeks ago which ended up with what I found out this morning. Tony, on the other hand, seemed to remember it like it were yesterday.

"About six weeks ago." He smirked. "We had fun." The two of us smiled at the memory but got pulled back into reality by the sound of a champagne bottle dropping. "Look, if you want me to spend more time at home with you then I can have Pepper take over for a couple months." I rolled my eyes.

"So you could then what? Spend even more time in the lab? No thank you. All I want you to do is answer one simple question." He nodded. "Please." I added softly.

"Anything." He agreed.

"Do you love me?" I shook my head. "Do you love us?" I corrected, lowering my voice to barely above a whisper. Everyone strained to hear what I said but only the man standing in front of me was able to hear it loud and clear.

"Us?" He repeated, not understanding what the word meant. I nodded.

"I'm pregnant, Tony. With your child."