Chapter 5: Believe me?

MONDAY 8:17am

Alicia hadn't gone with Noora to school, she had to go home first to open the upstairs windows a little so the house could breathe. Once she got to the school ground every single pair of eyes were on her. And for the first time in her life she wished she was invisible.

She noticed the girls sitting in a table near by and Alicia hurried so she could run away from the whispers and the glances. Everyone seemed to be judging her.

"Hey." She smiled at her friends, "You won't believe it but I got a bunch of follow requests on instagram this weekend. Weird."

"Alicia!" Vilde shouted, "You -."

"Vilde!" Noora stopped her with a significant look.

Alicia looked around the school, "What's going on? Really, why is everyone staring?"

Everyone looked away from her green eyes, not really knowing what to say. Alicia sat down and sighed, locking finally eyes with Eva from across the table.

"The whole school is talking about you."

"What? Why?" Alicia frowed.

"Ok, let's end this. Everyone knows you hooked up with Chris at the party." Sana said.

Alicia opened her mouth to defend herself but nothing came out. She felt disappointed, she actually thought Penetrator Chris wouldn't spread fake rumors? No, he had to go around telling around like she was some kind of trophy when he, in fact, had barely touched her. And that was another reason why she wears that ring around her finger, to keep boys like Chris Schistad away.

"So you did it?" Chris asked.

"No!" She shouted.

Before any of the girls could say something back, two shadows approached the table.

"It was fun having you all at the party. I heard you all had fun."

Alicia looked up and noticed William already staring at her. She tried to smile but when her eyes fell on Chris, standing right beside his friend, whatever smile she was trying to achieve failled miserably.

They both walked away.

"This was weird." Eva whispered, awkwardly.

"So you were all over Chris even tho you said you weren't interest?" Vilde lectured her friend's ridiculous behavior, "After all the talk about the one and-."

"I told you nothing happened!" Alicia argued, "And what if I had, you seemed pretty excited about it, right? And why am I being talked around? He fucks every girl but I get slut shaming?"

Of course, Alicia was disappointed at herself for letting Chris get that close.

"Everyone's is talking about how slutty you were, and fake. Just that." Vilde said, "And maybe it's kinda of fake, you know, texting him when you made a vow like that and-."

"What?!" Alicia widened her green eyes, "What the-."

"Vilde, it's enough!" Noora stood up.

"Yes, we are all good." Eva agreed, "We support each other."

Alicia knew Vilde probably was saying all those things with no bad intentions but it still hurt. Something always hurts. Sometimes people don't realise it at first but slowly it hits like a train, the pain or the words. Or both.

"I'm going to class."

She stood up and walked away, ignoring her friends's call. Alicia walked by the Penetrator's table, her eyes locking with Chris'. She quickly looked away, not wanting anything else to have to do with him. Isak said it, never trust a Penetrator.