Chapter 1

~Present time 2017~

Tossing and turning all I could see was my parents dead cold bodies. I didn't know what to do but I seen two ghost appear. It was my mommy and daddy.
"This is all your fault Lauryn, your the reason why we're dead and your little brother didn't get to see the world. You should be dead not us!" Daddy screamed.
I woke up screaming after that. Cold sweat dripping down my forehead and breathing hard, hoping to catch my breath before someone walks in. I look at my alarm clock to see that it is 4a.m. I don't think I'll be able to go back to sleep so I get up and head to the washroom to take a cold shower.

~Time skip~

~me~

I get out the shower to see that it's already 5 a

I get out the shower to see that it's already 5 a.m. I have an hour and half to be at school. I can't believe today is my last first day since it is senior year. In three fucking weeks my birthday will pop up as in the day my parents and little brother died because of me. It's been 8 years since my parents past. Just because I couldn't keep my damn mouth shut and stop asking questions. Everyone has told me to stop blaming myself, saying," oh it's not your fault ", " sweetie cheer up, everything will be okay ", and " don't blame yourself babe, it was the assholes fault ".

"Lauryn honey are you awake?" A female voice yells from down stairs, bringing me out of my brutal thoughts.
"Yeah I'm up." I yelled back.

That was my foster mother, Sarah Palmer. She is a kind sweet women, late 40's, she has sea green eyes and light blonde hair. Sarah is married to Jonathan Palmer, he runs the biggest company in West Virginia. He is also in his late 40's with blue eyes and dark brown hair. They adopted me when I was 11. They told me the story about how they adopted me and why they adopted me but that's not important right now.

It's about 6 a.m.
Choosing out my outfit for the is like a normal routine for me now, something with black in it. I decided to wear a dark gray dress that goes to my mid thigh, a red, navy, and yellow flannel with red knee high socks, and combat boots.
I go downstairs to see Sarah, making breakfast.

"Good morning Lauryn." Sarah greats me.
"Good morning." I great back.
"Are you ready for your first day?" She ask me.
I'm not really in the mood to socialize with her, she is always a chirpy bird in the morning. Since I've come to live here, she always has the peppy mood like she still a high school cheerleader.
"I'm going to head to school early, I'm not really hungry Sarah." I said, hopping off the stool.
"Okay dear that's fine, have a nice day." She yells to me since I'm already at the door before she has the chance to ask me why.