Chapter 9

~Tyra's POV~

"He did what?" I yell.

"Tyler wants to try and be friend again, and I sort of agreed to it." she murmured.

"You did what?" Now my mouth is just wide open not being able to find the words to speak.

"It's not a big deal Tyra. The month will be over in no time and I won't have to be friends with Tyler again because I have enough hate to last a life time." Lauryn tells me.

"Why would you agree to it. That's just insane, you basically sold your soul to Tyler for a whole month." I say.

"Well I just thought maybe if I agree to it that he will see by  the end of the month I won't want to be friends with him still and he will leave me alone forever. I've got in covered." Lauryn says.

"That's not the point Lauryn. You are getting yourself into something you shouldn't be in." I raise my voice by accident.

"I know that Tyra but I just want him to leave me alone for the greater good." she speaks lowly. I can only stare at her. Lauryn and I are at her house working on homework. Before we could finish, she brings up her conversation with Tyler. I was in shock with what she told me. I don't think I can handle the words she has been telling me.

"So wait, your telling me that you agreed to let Tyler try to gain your trust again and also let him try to be your friend too." I spoke calmly.

"Mhm, but you know that I can't stand Tyler. It's going to be a challenge. But I can do it. I don't want to be his friend nor do I want him in my life. So it shouldn't be that hard to get Tyler out of my life for good." When she says that I can tell she trying to keep me from seeing her lie to me. She keeping looking down and wringing her fingers together hoping I don't notice.

"Oh god this is giving me a headache." I say rubbing my temples.

"Don't worry, you have nothing to worry about." Lauryn says with a cheeky smile which is obviously face.

"But I do have something to worry about. I have to worry about you getting hurt again. That you might feel something for my brother again and I'm going to have to help fight the urge in you that tells you not to be with him. When you should be with him." I state facts.

"I'm not going to be hurt again. Neither am I going to catch feelings again. That ship has sailed. Tyler had a choice, and he picked Bianca. I could care less about what he thinks about me. Trust me. Why would he have feelings for me still. I'm not even worth the trouble to look at." she mutters.

"Yeah but you are wor-......" she cuts me off before I can finish what I was saying.

"I'm kind of getting tired so I'll see you tomorrow at school. Love you" she exclaims.

I just laugh at her and say I love you too while heading out of her room.

I get into my jeep, and see I have a missed call from Luca. I call him back wondering why he called me. It rings a couple of times before he answered.

(Tyra- bold : Luca- italicized)

Well look who decided to pick you there phone. I could hear the amusement in his voice.