Chapter 10

~Lauryn's POV~

"At least my parents didn't give me up to a different race."

How could she say that! Don't get me wrong I know she's mean. But she has no right to bring up that. Everyone knows that I'm adopted, but they don't know the real reason why I'm adopted.  I told everyone that my parents were in the army and they were just to busy to take care of me so they gave me away to Palmer's. Only Tyra and Neriah know the real story. That's just the cover story of the whole thing.

I feel like someone is following me. I don't turn around I just keep waking until I get to Mrs. McGinnis's room.

"Good morning Lauryn. What are you doing in here so early?" Mrs. G asks.

"Well my day has already started off bad and I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Will you let me stay in the piano room all day." I ask sweetly.

"I don't know Lauryn. You need to be in class."

"I know. I know. But it's just... I don't want to talk about it, but it just really hurts when I think about it and I want to clear my head." I mutter.

Mrs. G sighs before she speaks. "The piano room is in the process of being remodeled. But I can give you a key to another room."

"Which one is it." I ask

"The dance room. I don't know if you can dance but you can sing in there or just take a breather."

"I'll take it. I use to dance a little when I was younger. It might be a good idea to get back in it." I state.

"Really, what did you take?" Mrs. G asks seeming happy all of a sudden.

"I took ballet, tap, and hip-hop."

"Why did you stop? You would have made an excellent dancer for the lassie team."

"I didn't feel the passion for it anymore so I stopped."

"I see. Well here is the key, return it before you leave and I'll call all your teachers to let them know that you will be helping me throughout the day." she hands me the key.

"Thank you Mrs. G, I'll be sure to leave everything the way it is and bring you back your keys."

"Okay hun, have fun and don't hurt yourself." Before I could leave she stops me. "Lauryn."

"Yes." I turn around.

"Are you still going to be singing tonight at the soccer game?"

"Yes I am. Be there at 6:30 right?"

"Yes I'll see you tonight." Mrs. G says.

I leave.

***

I head to my car before I go to the dance studio. I think I have a pair of workout clothes in my trunk. I grab my clothes and head back into school and look for the dance studio. When I find it I'm shocked.