Chapter 26

Nicky's POV 

My mind went all over the place as soon as those words escaped his lips. "Y-You what?" I asked, stunned. He stared at me blankly. "He's fine now.." 

I felt tears trying to break free, but I was able to hold them back. "Tell me what happened." He looked down again, then looked back up at me.

Last year in Blake's POV 

I walked down the hallway of my old school in Washington. People knew me there, so no one messed with me and I wouldn't let them. I was going to my locker when I saw an old friend of mine pushing a little freshman girl against the locker. 

I walked closer, trying not to make any noise. He hit the locker next to her trying to get her attention back on him. "Stop looking around! Do you really think anyone is going to care enough about you to actually try and save you?" he growled, grabbing her by her hair. 

She looked horrified, her face pale and her black hair tangled. I waited for a minute but when he raised his hand to slap her I grabbed it in the air. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked, pulling him away from her. 

"Blake, this doesn't concern you," he snarled angrily. 

"I think it does, what did this little girl do to you, huh? She's just a freshman, and not to mention she's a girl!" I growled. "All she is, is a stupid bitch!" he barked, trying to go back to her. I pulled him by his arm and threw him to the ground. 

"Don't you dare call her a stupid bitch!" 

He laughed and started to get up. "That's what she is!" I punched him in his nose and he fell down. I continued to punch him over and over. Once he was passed out, I looked around, the crowd was huge, and the principal was walking towards me. "Tara, go to class," I told the girl. 

She nodded and walked away, the principal took me into the office and expelled me.

(Present day) 

"I was forced to leave, and my parents told me to leave, they were ashamed that I was like this. So Andrew, Travis, and I moved here." He looked down then back at me. 

"Did you know the girl?" I asked. He nodded. "She was my baby sister," he responded calmly. I nodded and touched his hand. "You were just protecting your sister."  

He didn't respond when I said anything, so I hugged him. He jumped at first but then wrapped his arms around me. I pulled away and he sat there with a blank face. "It's five thirty, I think you should go to sleep," he told me. 

"You shouldn't be driving. And since Mr. Davis is home, I suggest not sleeping on the couch." He laughed and then smiled. "I walked here. It's okay, I can walk." I nodded and hugged him again. He waved goodbye and walked out the door. 

Why did he walk here? He's such an idiot. I roll my eyes and turn off the TV, and walk up the stairs. I stop next to Piper's room, wanting to talk, but it's almost six am.  Oh well, I'm going to scare her. 

I opened the door quietly and run and jump on Piper's bed. "Piper! I need to talk to you!" She rolled over and hit my arm. "Get off of me, fat ass!" she yelled, pretending to gasp for air. 

"Okay, no need to be over dramatic." I laugh at her as she sits up, scratching her head. "What time is it?" she asked as I checked my phone. "Uh, it's five twenty." 

She rolled her eyes and walked over to her closet. "Okay, I'll get dressed," she said as threw me black running shorts and a grey tank top. She closed the closet door, so she was in there to get dressed. We both got ready, and she walked out in white shorts and a blue tank top. "Let's go, you woke me up early so we are going running." 

I pout but walk to the front door with her. We take off and she looks at me. "So why did you need to wake me up?" she asked. "Blake left right after I walked into your room."

She looked at me shocked. "What did he want?" I laughed and sped up a little. "He just wanted to talk, and say he was sorry... but he told me something really weird." She punched my shoulder. "Well tell me what he said!" she begged. 

"He was expelled when he beat up a guy at school who was bullying his little sister." Piper stopped running. "Wait! So Blake has a little sister!?" I nodded and she squealed. "How sweet!" 

I rolled my eyes. "Did you not hear the part where I said he beat up a guy?" I ask with sarcasm. "Nicky you've beat up several people. You just haven't gotten caught." 

I nodded happily. "So true. You've beaten up your share of people as well." She nodded and continued to run. Me and Piper were both kind of violent, Maya was the only peaceful one, but if you got her mad all hell will break loose. 

"I'm tired!" I whined. Piper rolled her eyes. "Well lucky you! We are home." We opened the door and I ran to my room and crashed onto my bed.

~in Nicky's dream~

I'm laying on a small blanket in the grass, with a picnic basket on my left. I sat up happily, looking around. I saw a tall guy with short black hair looking around the area. He turned around and I saw that it was Blake. 

He sat next to me and smiled. "Are you okay? You look nervous," he asked, holding my hand. 

"Yeah, I'm okay," I responded, pulling my hand away. 

He looked down when I pulled my hand back, but didn't reach for it again. "Nicky.... you've been acting strange. I just want you to know.. I love y-"

Just then, Piper jumped on my bed waking me up. "Piper I'll strangle you! I was having a good dream!" But the strange thing about my dream was it felt real. 

"Oh really, what was it about?" she asked, smirking. 

"Well, shit! I forgot it!" I pushed Piper off my bed and she hit the floor with a thump. "Don't be mean!" she yelled, "I wanted to know if you want breakfast." I rolled my eyes and nodded. 

Wow just wow.