7: The needed hug

June 24th, 2017.

7: The needed hug - The kind of hug you don't know you need but you do. You don't want to admit it or ask for it but deep inside you need that hug and it'll make you feel safe, calm, understood and not alone anymore.

TW// Bruises, blood

~~

Josh was walking home from his evening shift as a bartender and sometimes security guard. He worked at a bar his friends Colin and Jesse opened two years ago and it was one of the best bars in town. Josh loved working there with his friends, and on top of all that, he also lived close.

So since he lived close, he walked to and from work every day. And Josh had just finished his shift, so at 2:30 am he was walking back home with his hands shoved in his pockets while he listened to My Generation by Limp Bizkit.

And also this day, just like all the other ones, he passed another bar - that he had no interest in whatsoever - except for what happened outside the bar.

A guy with brown, fluffy hair and a few tattoos adorning his skin punched a guy in the jaw and wiped some blood off his own chin.

"Fuck you", he hissed as he spat some blood right next to the guy on the floor.

"Hey, what's going on?" Josh asked. He'd asked that a couple of times already, but he always got the same answer from the boy that didn't look tough at all, until you saw the blood on him and the guy on the ground next to him, beaten up and bruised with blood on his body.

"Nothing", the brown haired boy told him as he kicked the guy one last time and walked away from him. Josh followed him with his eyes and the guy sat down on the pavement. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes from his pocket with his bloody hands and lit a cigarette.

"Doesn't really look like nothing", Josh hummed

"Doesn't really look like nothing", Josh hummed. The boy shrugged. "It's none of your concern anyways", he said as he took a drag. Josh looked at the guy on the ground and his friends helping him up, so he figured he couldn't do more for the guy than his friends could.

"Okay, but why did y-", Josh started.

"Can't you just, y'know, keep walking for once?" The boy asked as he looked up at Josh for the first time that night.

Josh shut up and raised his hands in defeat. "Alright, I will. Have a good night", he said. The boy didn't answer and Josh turned around, shoving his hands in his pockets again as he continued his walk home. He didn't want to piss off the guy and either anger him, or hurt him as he tried to protect himself from him.

//

The next time Josh was waking home, he spotted the guy again. This time he was sitting on the ground again with a cigarette in hand.