Chapter 6: Send Message?

A/n: Hello again! I don't have any funny jokes to say, so let's get right into it!

PLEASE critique! If you think something is wrong or my writing style needs improvement, let me know! As always, I hope you enjoy!

-🕷-

Grand Mesa.

At 11,000 feet tall, it's the highest flat-topped mountain in the world. Somewhere underneath it, the Watchpoint is there.

After they resurfaced, Overwatch took the complex back. The access codes needed to be protected. Not to mention the aerospace facility and the weapons development lab.

The facility was large enough that it had an entrance at normal ground level, but still large enough that the radio tower was visible at the top. It was one of the world's biggest international military structures.

And now, you were going to enter it as a Talon soldier.

You, Amelie, Sombra, and Reaper were behind a boulder, several hundred feet from the entrance. The sun was just beginning to creep over the horizon, signaling the dawn.

You were watching the entrance, looking for any movement. There wasn't any. It makes sense, since Overwatch had just recently resurfaced. They didn't have a whole lot of people in the organization just yet.

Sombra broke the silence.

"So," she whispered, "what's the plan?"

"I've just escaped from Talon, and now I've come back to rejoin Overwatch," you reasoned. "If we're gonna do this, we have to do it right."

You kneeled down to face the others.

"I need you guys to roughen me up a little bit, make me look like I had to fight my way out."

You tore some of your sleeve off, ruffled your hair, and removed one of your gloves.

"That looks fine, but I think it needs something more." Amelie observed, leaning back.

"Hmm... I dunno, what else can we -"

You were interrupted by a hard smack to your face. Reaper had punched you.

You groaned. As you stood back up, Reaper held up his gun, so you could see yourself in the metal. Part of the skin near your right eye was beginning to bruise.

"Ugh... Good thinking, I guess..." You reluctantly admitted.

"One more thing. Punch the rock," Reaper patted the boulder.

You nodded, and with your gloveless hand, you hit the rock as hard as you could. You winced, but kept it under control. You didn't want to alert them too early.

You were pretty sure you heard something crack, however. Your knuckles were starting to bleed.

"That actually hurt," you stated.

"We'll be right here if we need to bail you out," Amelie assured.

"Go get 'em, tiger." Sombra gave you a smile.

You stood up, giving a final look to Amelie, and began to run towards the road.

You didn't see it, but Amelie was smiling for a moment.

As you made it to the middle of the road, you were sprinting at full speed, making yourself tired. This would help to explain your ragged state.

After a few minutes of walking, you stood at the great metal doors. A camera slowly aimed at you. You waved. Several sounds of machinery being activated made you certain that someone had seen you, and that they had recognized you.