P A R T 2

Two Months Ago

"Why would you watch a scene unfold like that, Peter? Doesn't it anger you to watch that happen? Why aren't you yelling at me? Why aren't you calling me a cheater or a liar? Why-"

Peter turned her around and kissed her. It was different than before, it was more forceful and more sex appeal. Peter was kissing her like he would be the last person on earth to ever kiss her again. They pushed each other away as the cold air hit their faces. Peters' face was a strawberry pink and Sarah was still pale but burning away on the inside.

"He isn't the only guy who's been wanting to say I love you."

--

Sarah's hair was now damp as she walked around her apartment, moping around. She still didn't understand how Peter could still want to be with her after what she did, after what happened. She sighed and walked over to her living room as someone knocked on her door. "Sarah, it's Peter." The brunette boy said in the hallway, he slightly opened the door and peeked his head inside. "Hey- I just wanted to ask if- If you wanted to come have dinner with me and May? She misses you." He says before walking inside the apartment and looking at the girl in front of him. She wore a giant blue sweater that covered her body perfectly and she just looked back at him. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? May just misses you and I do-"

"I mean why aren't you mad? I still don't get it, Peter. It's consuming me and I feel guilty for what happened. I know I should be glad that you aren't angry but how?" Peter looked at her eyes, dark red bags under her eyes signaling that she had been crying a while back. She sighed and sat his jacket on her single sofa and walked in front of her. "I was jealous, not angry. He did something I couldn't do before and I was angry at him, not you, for what he had the guts to do. I hated him because he did something that I couldn't. I was never angry at you, Sarah, I was jealous." Sarah grabbed Peters' shoulders and pulled him into a hug.

"I never got to say it back." Sarah said, setting her head in the crook of his neck. "You never had to." He said, running his fingers through her hair.