Chapter 18 - Doctors

I knew that I hadn't done anything wrong by saving Kyle. Then why didn't it feel right. I wiped the tears off my face. I knew that I won't be seeing Jeff anymore. I felt really bad for Jeff's loss but he wasn't doing the right thing by smashing Kyle's bones, was he? He had turned himself into a bully and I admit that Kyle was responsible for it but this certainly wasn't the punishment he deserved.

I remembered that he was lying on the ground. I ran upto him and helped him limp upto the couch. The couch was overturned and the whole room was in a mess. I left Kyle and straightened the couch. I helped him sit​ and sat down beside him. There was an awkward silence for a long time. We weren't even looking at eachother. Kyle broke the silence by saying, " Thank you Ellen. For saving me, twice. ". I didn't want to be rude but I just couldn't help it.

" I didn't do it for you Kyle. I did it for Carl. ". I paused for awhile, " The Carl whom I trusted. The Carl who was my friend. I just hope that Carl was real and not a...". He didn't let me finish my sentence. He quickly embraced me in a hug and began crying on my shoulder. I was utterly shocked. I expected him to be sad or guilty but I didn't expect him to turn out to be of the crying type.

He winced a bit and moved away. I realised that his arm, leg and mouth was bleeding and he had several bruises all over. I gasped and said, " Why don't you just borrow someone's powers and heal yourself? ". Kyle shook his head in a no and said, " I don't have the energy to do it. I will hurt myself furthermore by doing that rather than healing me. ". I recalled that I myself had got hurt. I looked down at my thigh but to my astonishment I found it perfectly alright.

I looked up at Kyle and he gave me smile. I realised what had happened and I felt really greatful towards Kyle. I got up, ran to my room and brought a towel and a mug of water. I would atleast help him in a way that I could. I wiped off all the blood and gave him some ice to rub on his bruises. Kyle needed a doctor. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and punched in Shaun's number. I knew that I would be bombarded with questions as soon as he received the phone but that was the least of my concerns for now.

Shaun received my call on the second ring itself. I didn't wait for him to say hi. I quickly blabbered everything, "Shaun, a friend of mine is hurt really bad and needs help. Please don't ask any questions just bring your Mom to my house. I'll tell you all the details later. Please be quick. ". I ended the call with that. I wasn't in the mood of answering his questions and this was the best way of doing it. I knew he would send help as soon as possible. I looked at Kyle and stopped myself from throwing up.

His hand had slammed into a lamp when he hit the wall and there were several pieces of plastic and other things which I couldn't distinguish between, pierced into his hand. He was in so much pain. He was losing a lot of blood and it looked really bad. I was just hoping that Shaun would send help and be quick at it. I could see that Kyle was really tired. I grabbed a pillow that was lying around and placed it gently behind his head.

I looked at him and said, " Catch some sleep. Help is on its way. ". Kyle smiled weakly, nodded and shut his eyes. I couldn't sit still. I kept pacing around. I began placing things in their original position. I kept glancing at Kyle every now and then. With every passing minute his condition seemed to get worse. I was eagerly waiting for Shaun to get help. As soon as the bell rang, I ran as fast as I could towards the door. I stumbled upon the way but finally made it in less than a second.

I opened the door and saw an unknown boy standing in front of me. He seemed four to five years elder to me. He had shaggy, black hair which covered his forehead and a chiseled face. His muscles literally seemed to be tearing his shirt sleeves. He was quite fair and looked good. His eyes disturbed me. He had maroon coloured eyes that seemed so unnatural but suited him. I just assumed they were lenses.  I asked him in a confused voice with a hint of irritation, " Who are you mister? ". That boy sighed and looked up at me intensely, " We don't have time for this.".

He pushed me aside and entered my house. I shouted after him, " Woah! Where do you think you're going? ". He entered the living room and gasped, " Whatever happened here doesn't look good. ". I stomped my foot and shouted at him, " It wasn't and I'm expecting someone so get out! ". He looked at me with his intense, maroon eyes and moved close to me. He grabbed my hand and shook it saying, " Nice to meet you too. The name's Reuben. ".

I was about to say something rude when his eyes fell upon Kyle lying on the floor. He began moving towards him. He cracked his knuckles and moved his head around. He got close to him and said, " Finally. The person I was looking for. ".

Note: Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not publishing this chapter sooner. It was supposed to be different but I got inspired to add a new character, Reuben. Many of my friends have said that there are too many boys in the story and Ellen is the only girl. I just want to say that, I didn't do any of that intentionally. All the characters are merely part of a huge plot created for them, which will change their lives. I'll make Ashley appear in the story a bit more often than I do. Thanks.