Continuation of chapter 36

This chapter will be narrated by Shaun

Shaun's Thoughts:

This had gone way too far. All of this was totally out of the blue. I didn't expect Elly to react this way. I just hoped that I hadn't said much and even if I did, I wished I didn't hurt her feelings. I knew everything would be fine but I was hurt that she wasn't ready to believe me. I remember the time when we were in 6th grade.

Ashley and Elly were copying in their literature exam. I peeked into Ashley's paper and saw that she herself had written all the right answers but was dictating all the wrong ones to Elly. I just couldn't take it anymore. I asked Elly to listen to me and ignore Ashley. Without any further ado, Elly asked Ashley to stop and listened to me. Our papers turned out to seem like carbon copies. We were lucky the teachers didn't notice.

I laughed to myself. It was weird being all alone on the street past midnight. This risk had been such a waste. Now I had to go home all alone ensuring my own safety, with a bruise on my head and also make sure that my parents didn't notice my absence. Out of all the days, they had to be home today itself. What made me go to Elly's house was the incident which had occurred today.

I was simply returning from my basketball class which I recently joined and I saw a guy on the footpath with caramel coloured eyes which were quite striking, copper toned skin and dark brown hair which covered his forehead. He was talking to a woman who seemed very commanding. I heard a part of their conversation. That guy said, " I'm sorry ma'am. It won't happen ever again.". The lady nodded saying, " I don't like doing this to you Carl, you know it but if you even think of betraying me then I'll have no option but to exclude you from the plan.".

Ohhhh...so this was Carl. I had never met him but I had heard of him from Elly. What plan were they talking about? I hid behind a tree on the footpath which was near them in order to hear them clearly. They continued, " You are the chosen one so I'm stuck with you. If it were upto me I would never take such an emotional fool under my wing. ". Carl had his head hung down which he now raised to say, " I'll make sure Ellen doesn't come to know ma'am. ".

I was shocked to hear all of this. I decided that I had to tell Elly at that moment itself and this wasn't a conversation which could be done on the phone so I had to meet her but I had my extra classes for school which would continue up until 8 pm. In my reverie, I stepped on a twig which cracked causing both the speakers to turn towards me.

I casually revealed myself from behind the tree. I looked around at the bark, whistling as though admiring it. I bet I looked stupid but I could tell that they hadn't bought it as they hadn't continued talking which meant that they still considered me as a threat. I had no choice but to move. They made sure that I was at a far off distance enough for their voices to be inaudible.

I cursed under my breath but I had made up my mind that I would tell Elly. This was serious stuff. However what happened just changed everything. At that moment, I heard my phone beep. I removed it from the pocket of my dark blue jeans. I flipped the cover open to see a message from Elly.

After reading what she had sent, I began scolding myself for being so stupid. She needed me and she had to know the truth, this was way too important. I turned around and headed back towards her home. I smiled to myself thinking of the reaction she would give when she saw me again. I hoped she wouldn't greet me with a blow on my head.

That's when I suddenly felt like someone was following me. I turned around but no one was to be seen there. I was all alone. I turned to walk but someone whose face I couldn't figure out, covered my face with a black cloth bag and someone else held both of my hands behind my back and I felt him tie them together with a rope. I screamed but my cries were muffled my a hand held over my mouth.

I tried freeing my arms but the person who had tied them had done a good job and I tried to run but someone was holding the rope tied around my wrists and was dragging me somewhere with its help. I felt someone breath close to my left ear, maybe a third person as he whispered to me in a dry mature voice which sounded familiar, " You think you are too smart, huh? If I don't mind what is happening, why do you? Who are you to interrupt the plans of destiny. Now you will be removed out of the way like a weed from a garden. I don't like doing this Shaun but you made me do it. Now suffer the consequences of your actions ".

With that I felt a hard push and I was in a vehicle. I desperately tried to escape but all in vain. Then I felt a hard blow on my head and everything went black.