Continuation of chapter 2

He sighed, " The good thing is I'll have a lot of time to spare and I'll spend it with you. ". Dad ended his statement with a smile. He was still smiling! In our world there's no such thing as a pension after retirement. The government believes that if the person retires, he or she can always rely on their children. It's a dumb rule which has many faults in it but we have to follow it, right?

       I didn't have any words left to spare. I didn't know how Dad was so calm. I turned around and ran back upto my room. I set up my canvas, took out my brushes and paints and just let my emotions flow like I always did. I always painted whatever I could ever think of and it always was very smooth and easygoing.

It was easy to paint this time too but it felt different. I felt as though there was no one in the world except for me and my canvas. I had no idea what I was drawing and how it was going to turn out but I just relaxed and let it all go. It felt good, like always. Painting always soothed my emotions and helped me concentrate on what I wanted to. Dad was retiring way too soon.

       He was in his late 40's and he was comparing himself with Mr. Kingston who was more than 70. I still had no clear image of what was going on. All I knew was this that my Dad had to quit the job which he had cherished for all these years and there was nothing I could do about it.

How were we going to get all the money we needed for the years to come? I was still in school and I was a growing child who always had demands for something new. What was I going to do and the most important question of all, what was I supposed to do?