Prolouge

I knew I would do anything for Sarah, I would give my own life for her. Being with her gave me the freedom to be myself and not hide in the cold shadows. I would not live with myself if it was my fault I was separated from her. I would find her, and never let her go...but sometimes you can't always get what you want...even if it is your everything.

A few months back I'd been sitting around a school's table with four human friends and now I was sitting in a dark, damp warehouse with five vampires. My life had totally turned upside down. And sometimes I would sit in bed and wonder what I was doing and how this would effect me in later life but other times I'd sit there and know I was where I belonged, with Sarah. Sarah was my everything, everything that was keeping me what I was. Before I met her I felt I was fading into the darkness but now I felt in the spotlight and sometimes that would feel great. Others not so much. When I was in the spotlight and Drake was angry he would try to take it out on me but Sarah and Faye would keep him away from me. But I knew one day Sarah and Faye would not be there. That scared me. He scared me. But I took all of that into account when I found myself in the situation of knowing about the vampires. But being scared was not the answer, I needed to be brave for whatever came my way and whatever it was I would be ready to defend any kind of knowing of the vampires. It was my job to do so. So If I would be any use to the others I would at least try to do everything in my power. For Sarah.