Chapter 1: News

The car drove slowly in the rain. The rain pitter pattered on the windows of the car, but both me and Sarah made the best out of the rain and turned on some hardcore rock music. We both laughed at the fact we were both head banging. As we made a slow approach to the driveway Sarah began to get worried. 

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do...?" she worried

"I'm sure, We have been dating for four months now, I think my mom and dad really want to met you. But I promise she won't be embarrassing!"  I answered

"Urm..uh...okay. I guess I'll be fine"

I then held her hand in the thought she would feel a little better.

"I mean come on, you have met them a few times before"

"I know...I know, It's just this is formal and...you know"

I laughed at the thought of her not being scared of fighting vampires yet she was scared to met my parents.

"How will you eat?" I asked

"Well, what are we having?" 

"Chicken..."

"Perfect" 

We both laughed like idiots and got out the car, then slamming the car shut at the same time. The sound was that load it caused us to clench. We then went around the front of the car and finally met to hold hands. When then went up the steps to my house. Each step for her was getting closer to more humans which I knew she was scared of losing control. 

"Hey, we don't have to do this if I can't" I consoled her

"No, I'll be fine. It's not as hard as it use to be..."

"You sure?"

"Positive"

I then turned from Sarah to the front door. I knocked on the door two times before knocking for a third time with a loader knock. My mom opened the door in tears with wet tissue in her hands. My dad looked was at on the couch watching the t.v, like he was waiting for news. It reminded it of me and few months back when I'd been obsessed with the murders. My mom gave me and Sarah a massive hug as always but this time not letting go for a while. Something was really wrong.

"Hunny, sit down" My mom held my hand and sat me down

Sarah sat down next to me still holding my right hand.

"Your friend Hannah and a few other girls from school went to Redmond on Friday, and they...they" she couldn't finish the sentence she was crying so much

"They were murdered...and the police are saying it's the guy who killed Rachel Samson, Terry Howard and Molly Newcobm...I'm so sorry buddy" he said with a cracked voice

I didn't know how to respond. I was speechless even in my mind where my thoughts we're protected. A few seconds had passed but in my mind everything was still. My emotions, my thoughts, my sight, everything. I wanted to move but my body kept still. I wanted to cry but that was also motionless. I opened my mouth to try and catch my breath even though I was sat perfectly still. I lost my sense of the worlds touch. I felt myself falling into a pit of sadness. I then finally found my voice. 

"I need to go..." I muttered 

"No hunny, why don't you just stay and-" 

"Mom! I need to go!" I shouted 

"I'm sorry" she said while looking into her hands

My dad stood up and pointed at me.

"Hey! Don't you dare speak to your mother like that!" he shouted at me like I was five years old

"It's fine, I'm fine" she said quitetly to my dad 

I stood up and stomed out the house with Sarah walking behind me. I slammed the door shut and ran to my car. I got into the car. Even though Sarah was behind me she was already ready to leave with her seat belt on. I didn't start the engine, I just turned my head to look at Sarah. 

"D-...Did you do it?" 

"Of coures not! I would never hurt Hannah...I know the others made a mistake with Rachel but we would never go up to Redmond to kill Hannah and her friends! She's my friend!" she sounded angry

"You have no friends" I muttered and continued talking

"You just still on your table all alone!!" I shouted

Sarah looked at me with rage filled eyes. I was expecting her to kill me after the words I had said. I deserved it. 

"I-...A-" she stuttered 

"Just say it!!" I got angry for no reason besides just rage

"B-...Bye Jake" she stuttered again

She got out the car that fast I took hardly take it in. She slammed the door shut and ran away. I didn't bother going after her beacuse I knew I was too angry to do anything but shout. I started the engines but they didn't run. Brilliant.