Chapter 8: Preparation (Part 2)

We both left the house quickly to get to the pier. As always we ran to the car, opened it and then once in we both slammed the door shut. I put my seat belt on and started the engines. I drove the car as quickly as I could away from the house. I kept thinking that could of been the last time I ever seen my house but then I would forget about my own well-being and think about Sarah. It took a while as my car was failing to drive any longer but we just made it to the pier. We jumped out the car and closed the car doors, we then ran to the pier. Even before entering we seen Drake, Faye, Charlie and Ryan were all training. I could tell Drake was the strongest male. But I could also tell Faye was the strongest female. Watching them made me think about Sarah and how she was going to fight. Was she going to be as strong as the over vampires? I guess I'd have to find out. We walked to Drake, who was training with Faye.

"Drake" Sarah shouted over to Drake

"So you've come" he said still training

"Yeah..." she muttered

"I thought you said she was not fighting?" Faye muttered to Drake while taking a break from fighting

"If she wants to fight, she will. It's HIM who can't fight...." Drake said to Sarah put looking at me

Faye and Drake went back to training with each other, Sarah kissed me on the check and ran over to Ryan and Charlie who was also training together. I looked around, in the middle of a warehouse watching five vampires train to kill over vampires. I should of been scared, but I wasn't, that was more scary than being there, knowing that I was use to that life. 

Faye stopped training to run over to me. I was sat on one of the boxes observing the training, Faye ran and jumped up to sit next to me. 

"You okay?" she asked

"Yeah...I'm fine" I muttered

"You don't sound it..." 

"I just feel a little useless..." 

Faye laughed and tried to stop herself. Once she did she tried to talk.

"You should join us..." she asked

"...Maybe..." I answered

I didn't know what to say. Maybe I did want to be like Sarah...but I was'nt thinking straight.

"How did you become one?" I asked

"...It was 1897...I was a servant girl for a young man, living alone. One night he came home late with blood down his face. He looked at me with his rage filled eye's and slammed his front door shut. He ran to be a pushed me down. I lay on the floor, fearing for my life. He came closer to my neck until he finally bit me. As Sarah would have told you the pain was unbearable. After it happend he left me alone in the house. I had no one else to turn to. I was hungry and felt like life was over. After leaving that town I came across Drake. He took me and kept me safe. Time passed until we fell in love...and then ever since then it's just been us five" she answered

"wow..." 

I was stuck by what Faye had been through, it was too shocking to take it in. She left and went  back to training. I sat there still watching them all train...and as I watched I wondered when the vampires would arrive. They could attack at any time...my life was in the balance of vampires...