Chapter 2: Family

Weeks has passed since I last seen Sarah. I was beginning to start to think I was never going to see her again. I knew she'd be too fast for me to notice her, and even if I did she would not look my way. It was a childish game! But I was the one that started it, and I guess she was the one who ended it. If I could of went back in time I would have but it was the shock. The shock of knowing I would never see one of my best friends again. I'm sure she could understand that...or could see? She was a killer, who could have the power to kill me at any moment so why has she not took her chance and done it already. Maybe it was her playing the games then. Or was it me questioning everything as usual. But I couldn't think about Sarah for much longer as I had to attend Hannah's funeral. I didn't want to go considering half of the people there would suspected I was the killer, from the media a few months back, but I owed it to Hannah. Hannah was impotent to me, any best friend to anyone is impotent to them so I went for Hannah because I knew if I didn't I would regret it. So I did what I had to do. I knew Josh and Randy would be there so that came in another reason not to go. But I'd just ignore them. I got out of my bed ready to get ready for the day in front of me, even though I knew the day would be terrible. Once I was ready I walked down stairs to see my mom eating breakfast slowly and my dad watching t.v. My mom was wearing a black dress with flat  black shoes and a small grey hat. She never liked dressing up, she liked wearing her dull pink top and grey pants. Even her wedding ring was just a golden strip. My mom and dad had been married for 15 years. My dad wore a simple black suit that looked a size to big for him but as my mom liked to say 'You'll grow into it'. I sat down without talking to anyone. I noticed I was wearing the same as my dad yet mine was a few sizes smaller. I looked at my mom's tear filled blue eyes. I wanted to say something but I knew I'd make her cry and I really didn't want my mom to cry. My dad looked away from the t.v and then to me. He looked angry. After a few moments of him awkwardly staring at me he looked away and back on the t.v. The house was silent. No one talked, no one made any sound. I really wanted to say something, badly. But what would be the point?

"Would you like some breakfast Jake?" my mom said quietly 

"No thanks" I muttered 

"Yeah, give him some toast" my dad muttered

"I said I didn't want any" I said slightly loader

"You'll have what I say!" he stood up and shouted

"Hunny, Y-" my mom stuttered 

"Linda!" my dad shouted at my mom

"Don't shout at her!" I shouted at my dad

"Get out!" he came up to me and shouted in my face

"I'm done!!" I shouted back

He grabbed me by my blazer of my suit and backed me against the wall. I tried punching me but  I couldn't reach. He slammed me on the floor and left me with blood dripping from my mouth. 

"Glen!!" my mom screamed while pushing him away from me 

My dad pushed my mom into the wall causing her to fall down. We lay together of the floor. Both beaten by a rage full man. My mom curled up in a ball and started to cry. I lay there still. Frozen. After a gotten up and got my mom up I stormed out the house with my mom holding my hand. We both got into my car slowly. Without saying a word we both sorted our clothes out and after I started the engines.

"I'm really sorry about your dad...he's just" 

"Mom, your don't have to make excuses for him" 

"I know..."

"C'mon, we got to go Hannah's funeral..." 

I looked to the road ahead.

"Are you going to be okay hunny?"

"Yeah.."

I lied.