Chapter 6: Vampires

I had lived in Seattle for 17 years but at the moment I got into my car to go to the pier I was completely lost. I even forgot how to start my own car. I was so nervous for what I would find out, why would Faye want me to not see Sarah? I didn't understand. I was so confused to what could be so bad. I knew when I would get there I would be risking my life but to see Sarah it was worth it. Anything was worth it. When I finally pulled myself together I got my keys and started my car. I drove as fast as the law would allowed. I mean people already thought I was a murderer, I didn't want people thinking I was a crazy driver. Because I knew someone would make some kind of story about me saying I was driving the car fast because I had a body in my boot. And I honestly thought those type of rumours would come from my friends.

So I drove to the pier in hope Sarah would be there. Once pulling up I ran out the car and slammed the car door behind me. I ran into the warehouse and hid behind one of the huge boxes. I heard them. All saying and talking about people I had never met. The only name I remembered from the group of names I heard was 'Lily'. I wondered who it was so I moved closer to hear. Until I knocked one of the small boxes over. Drake appeared in front of me as if he came out of thin air. He looked into my eyes with hatred. He controlled himself from consuming me. I backed up against one of the boxes scared for my life. I tried to look away from his face but like the others his face was perfect. How could such a hate filled person have such a perfect face. I noticed his old dirt top and his black pants, also dirty. His hair was short and black, it was also most like he jelled his hair. His lips moved as if he was ready to bite me. I had nothing but to stare back at him. Then suddenly Faye appeared next to Drake, once again with hate filled eyes. Both of there red eyes were gulled to mine. No one spoke until Sarah appeared next to me. She held my hands tight and turned to me. With one hand holding my hand and the other held upwards to stop Drake or Faye attacking. Faye tried to come closer to me but Drake held out his arm to stop her. 

"I told you to stay away, Jake!" Faye said quietly" 

"What?" Sarah asked 

"Faye told me to stay away from you" I turned towards her and spoke quietly like Faye

"Looks like you can't spend time away from each" Drake muttered

"And we won't..." Sarah answered back

"It's for his safety! Do you want to put him in danger!" Faye said

"He's not in danger!" Sarah replied again

"Drake..." Faye turned towards Drake to prompt him to speak

Drake walked away to the middle of the cold, damp building. I think that was where he felt most powerful. He looked worried. It was the first time I had seen that expression from Drake, he was always angry or annoyed but never worried, unlike me. Faye then joined him in the middle and me and Sarah walked towards them.

"We are not the only vampires..." Drake spoke quietly 

I had never even considered other vampires, was this was new news for me. And I sensed the news was not good news. 

"There are more, close. Closer than you know. There all over the world. Most of us keep our existence a secret but some overs don't. The ones that don't are usually killed by other vampires. I don't know who but I know they don't stay around for long. Vampires closer to us in San Francisco are being exposed, people are starting to notice the deaths so they must leave. They want to come here. We heard there thoughts as they came last week to see if vampires where located here. They found us here and attempted to fight us but we scared them off, but we think they might be coming back and when they do there going to be a lot more prepared to fight. That means we may have to fight, hence the reason you have to stay away, Jake. If Lily knows about you she will try to kill you..." 

"Who's Lily?" Faye asked

"Lily is there leader, the most deadliest" Drake answered

"Why have you not told me before, Drake?!" Sarah sounded angry 

"I didn't know what they would choose..." Drake answered

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked

"Unlike you others I can hear further than other vampires, experience I guess" 

"So when do they attack?" I asked

"We don't know..." Drake answered 

"That's why you need to stay away!" Faye yelled

"No! He's not leaving!" Sarah yelled back

"Sarah...if he's going to stay, he's your responsibility!" Drake informed 

Faye and Drake walked away out of the pier leaving me and Sarah together. She turned towards me and out her arms around my neck as I put my hands around her waist. She looked into my eyes with her worried eyes.

"I will never let anyone hurt you, I promise. I love you" 

"I know, I love you too" 

She kissed me with her perfect kiss, then looked into my eyes. I hated the fact that she knew I was in danger...we both knew...