Chapter 3

Georgie pushed herself up off the bed using her arms as support. The bed was too soft to be any of the beds at home. Her mum had a thing for really firm beds, it improved posture... supposedly.

She sat on her feet and turned her head to look around the room. Her hand clasped to the right side of her head, she'd never felt pain like that in her life, physically anyway. She groaned her throat was sore she realised, just groaning felt like she was gargling nails. She turned her torso, which also hurt, she got on her knees the only place on her body that seemed to not hurt so badly, and still the right side of her right knee pulled in bruised pulses.

She wasn't home, and she knew she wasn't at the hospital by the bed. Hospital beds are like concrete she remembered from the time she had her appendix out. Nicer than sleeping on that thing, it was like being suffocated into a blankety death, very claustrophobic. So what was up with the hospital gown? She thought, rubbing her fingers with a piece of the fabric between them, it was rough cotton and it itched around the neck and wrists. She became scared and as always, she craved Ro to be next to her, to hug her close and tell her everything was alright as he always did when she was scared. She sighed a laugh thinking about that time she'd gone to see Paranormal Activity 3 with him last year. She thought that night that he was going to kiss her like they did in all those naff teen sit-Com, but no. In fact as they'd left the cinema in the dark he'd made load groaning noises and others sound affects with his mouth. Not really what she wanted him to be doing with it. A shiver came up her spine at the thought of what she wished he'd done with it, and smiled a secretive smile to herself.

As she wobbled trying to look around the room on her knees on the king-sized bed, which plunged in as she placed her knee on spots, she noticed that this room was like a master bedroom, but the ones that were in the mansions her parents used to drag her along to when she was seven.

The room was HUGE, the size of her house's first floor. The walls were covered in Burgundy with a delicate orange pattern material that was supposed to be wallpaper; she scrunched up her nose in disgust, what about lime green and plum? She fought a smile playing on her face at the thought of her bedrooms colour scheme at home on this beast's walls. There was a huge rug on the floor, more like a carpet that showed the mahogany dark floor boards about a foot all around the edge of the room. There were six fireplaces - all white marble - in the room; all were casting a ruddy glow onto the room. There were delicate pieces of furniture scattered around the room in an orderly way, small groupings of chairs and tables.

A pressure started building just below her waist, "Shit." Georgie murmured, she needed a pee, and badly. She casted an eye around the room, she saw a massive mahogany door at the right of the room in the far corner, too fancy, she thought, she then spotted a little ornate door with the fabric wallpaper on it, she would have completely not seen it if it wasn't open a crack. She stood up, and fell. Her knees had given way and she lay on the floor for a few seconds until the pressure had died down a bit, and then got up and tried again. She made it, doing her pee dance, which was standing with your legs close together, but looking like scissor blades and hopping from one foot to the other. If Ro was here he would have been laughing his arse off. She used the toilet, she wouldn’t have counted it as a toilet and the health and safety wouldn't either, but what could she do? She was bursting.

As she came out a woman in her thirties came in, she had brown hair that was smoothed into a bun at the nape of her neck, pastel pink and green striped dress with a white apron over the top. She looked severe at first, but when she caught site of Georgie she looked shocked, and then a smile spread onto her face.

"Princess Georgina!" she said, her voice was deep for a lady and easy to listen to because of it, "Do you want help getting ready?" Princess. Georgina. It made Georgie cringe at the sight of her real name, and then it dawned on her, PRINCESS. Okay. Ro was teasing her, screwing with her head. She stood there, eyes wide for about ten seconds, then started walking towards the nearest window throwing it open searching behind it, nothing, she did this with all the curtains.